What is the Group Opportunity Centre?
Note: This tool is currently available to group-extranet account holders with max. 1,000 properties. As we’re still testing the tool, some group partners may not see or have access to it yet.
How to save time optimising your portfolio performance
Found in your group extranet, the Group Opportunity Centre helps you quickly identify and improve:
your overall portfolio performance (compared with your competitive set)
your individual properties’ performance
It saves you time by presenting the most relevant products for your portfolio as ‘Opportunities’ that you can implement in a couple of clicks.
How the Group Opportunity Centre works
1. The process guests follow to book a room on Booking.com can be broken down into eight steps. Each one represents a point at which a potential booker might abandon the booking process. The Group Opportunity Centre helps you identify why a drop-off might happen.
For example, if potential guests are clicking on your portfolio's property pages in search results but not making bookings, the area of performance that needs improvement is conversion. The Group Opportunity Centre would then rank ‘Conversion’ as your biggest opportunity and propose relevant products you can implement to improve conversion and get more bookings.
2. Each drop-off point also represents an opportunity for you to improve your performance on Booking.com. So the Group Opportunity Centre splits these opportunities into seven categories, each one corresponding to a different drop-off point.
3. The Group Opportunity Centre is powered by Focus Finder, which analyses your properties’ performance on Booking.com and compares it with similar properties to help identify what you're doing well and what you can improve on.
4. Based on your performance, the Group Opportunity Centre orders the steps you need to take, with your biggest area for improvement listed on top.
5. Within each category, you’ll see a list of relevant opportunities designed to improve your performance in that area.
Depending on their settings, performance and other metrics, some of your properties may not be eligible for every product. That’s why products listed here are ranked according to the number of eligible properties you have.
6. If you click on the ‘View x properties’ button below any opportunity, you’ll see all eligible properties ranked according to their performance needs. To implement that opportunity for a certain property, just click on ‘Take me there’ opposite the property name.
How will we make future improvements?
To make sure we show the most effective and relevant opportunities for all properties, we'll occasionally ask you for feedback. In future, we’ll link the Group Opportunity Centre to the ‘Bulk Editing’ tab, so you can implement products for all your properties in one go.
Growing your business
- All you need to know about the Partner Referral Programme
- How can I get performance advice for all my properties in one go?
- All you need to know about the Visibility Booster
- What is the difference between the Preferred programme and the Visibility Booster?
- What is the Opportunity Centre?
- Becoming a Genius partner
- All you need to know about the Preferred Partner Programme
- Personalised performance advice – at your fingertips
- What is the Group Opportunity Centre?
- Maximising availability through opportunities
- Setting up products or promotions as a chain property
- All you need to know about Preferred Plus
- Adding a cleaning fee waiver for Genius travellers
- All about ranking, search results and visibility
- How can I analyse my guest review scores?
- Using your Genius Report
- All about the Ranking dashboard
- How can I increase my occupancy using the sold-out dates report?
- What is the Analytics dashboard?
- Accessing data to understand travel trends and attract more guests