We know that customers find reviews to be very useful when browsing online. As a result, we only remove reviews in certain situations:
- In the case of no-shows, cancellations and overbookings (when the guest has been relocated as a result).
- If we suspect that a review isn’t genuine and may be used to target a competitor, we’ll remove it completely.
- If, after investigation, we determine that the review is an obvious mistake from the guest
- If the review is used in a blackmail attempt from the guest’s side (valid written proof must be provided).
We also remove comments if they go against our guidelines:
- When the review includes abusive language, swearing, discriminatory remarks, threats of violence and political or religious commentary.
- When the review promotes illegal activities.
- If it includes contact details like phone numbers, addresses, email addresses or website links.
Note: when comments are removed due to breach of policies, the score will remain online.
If you come across a review that includes any of the above, let us know via your extranet ‘Inbox’, using the subject ‘Reviews’.
You can read more about who can leave a review in this article.