5 tips on how to get more guest reviews
Wondering how to get more reviews, or simply how to get guests to leave reviews? Read on to get tips on how to ask customers for online reviews.Learn how to deliver amazing guest experiences
Guest reviews play a crucial role for travellers and property owners alike.
For travellers searching for accommodation, reviews act as an independent source of information. They offer an insight into past guest experiences at your property and showcase your property’s best features – influencing other potential guests to book.
For accommodation owners, reviews are a great source of valuable customer feedback that can help you improve future guest experiences at your property even further.
These aren’t the only reasons to encourage guest reviews though. We know from research that travellers are more likely to trust a property with 20 reviews than one with 2 reviews – so the number of reviews you have also matters.
That’s why we’ve put together these tips on how to encourage customers to write reviews:
How to get customer reviews on Booking.com
1. Leave a personal note
If you usually leave a personal note thanking guests for choosing your place and wishing them a nice stay, it could be worth adding a line that asks them to share their experience in a guest review after they check out.
2. Ask in a ‘welcome pack’
Do you put together a welcome pack for your guests, a little booklet that explains your house rules or offers tips on local restaurants and activities? If so, it’s the perfect place to ask guests to leave a review.
3. Leave visual reminders
Another way to encourage guests to leave a review is to place physical material like stickers or flyers around your property. These visual reminders can prompt guests to share feedback on their stay via a review.
4. Ask face-to-face
If you (or your staff) personally handle guest check-outs at your property, it’s a great opportunity to thank them for choosing your place, find out if they enjoyed their stay – and ask them directly if they’d consider writing a review.
5. Send a personal message after check-out
Another option is to wait until the guest has completed their stay before asking them to leave a review. You could use the messaging tool in the Booking.com extranet to send a personal thank-you message a few days after they check out – as well as a request to add a review.
Find out how to analyse your guest review scores.We’ve created a special tool for you
- 5 tips on how to get more guest reviews
- Where can I see my guest reviews?
- Anonymous reviews on Booking.com
- Can I respond to a guest review using Pulse?
- What are guest reviews and who can write one?
- Can I respond to a guest review?
- How long does a review stay on my page?
- Can I ask for a guest review to be removed?
- What order do guest reviews appear in?
- Everything you need to know about guest reviews
- All you need to know about Guest Insights
- Understanding the value for money score
- Understanding external review scores
- All you need to know about Guest Review Scores