All you need to know about Guest Review Scores
A good Guest Review Score helps you stand out in search results on our platform and lets you better understand what guests think about your property. It’s the average rating of your property, out of a maximum of ten, from the guests that stay with you.
You can find your Guest Review Score in the extranet by clicking on Guest Reviews. To learn more about what goes into a guest review, take a look at this article.
What’s in this article
Setting up your property to receive guest reviews
To get your own Guest Review Score, you need to make sure guests can stay at and review your property via our platform. To start, you need to register with us and make sure your property is open and bookable. For help getting started using the extranet, follow these steps. To find out more about changing your property status to open/bookable, take a look at this article.
We also recommend you go through our checklist on improving your property page content. To find this, log in to the extranet and click on Home. It includes information on updating and synchronising your calendar and interacting with other partners on our platform. For more information about creating, updating and maintaining your property page, take a look at this article.
Preparing for guest reviews
Once you start receiving bookings on our platform, it’s important to interact with your guests right away in order to increase your chance of a good review. Here are some tips you might find useful:
- Familiarise yourself with how our guest reviews work
- Encourage your guests to leave you a review by writing them a personal note when they arrive
- Use visual reminders at your property or an in-person request at check-out to ask your guests for a review
- Prepare your property for the perfect stay
We encourage you to make an extra special effort for every guest, since each review you receive counts towards your overall Guest Review Score. A good Guest Review Score will increase your visibility on our platform, which in turn attracts more guests to your property.
Sometimes, you may receive a review that you feel is unfairly negative. This can happen – it’s a normal part of running a property. In some cases, it’s a good idea to respond to guest reviews or ask us to remove a review from your property page. Keep in mind that removing a review is only possible in certain situations.
Receiving your Guest Review Score
After at least one guest has reviewed their stay at your property, you’ll receive your Guest Review Score. You can find it in the Guest reviews section of the extranet, and we’ll also show a badge with your review score on your property page and in search results.
Keep in mind that each new guest review impacts your score, and receiving positive reviews by offering your guests a great experience is the only way you can influence your score.
The benefits of a good Guest Review Score
Maintaining and improving your Guest Review Score can help attract more guests to your property via our platform. Travellers often search and choose stays using the Guest Review Score filter, so a high score is key to increasing bookings.
A good Guest Review Score can also qualify you for other opportunities, such as our:
- 5 tips on how to get more guest reviews
- Where can I see my guest reviews?
- Anonymous reviews on Booking.com
- Can I respond to a guest review using Pulse?
- What are guest reviews and who can write one?
- Can I respond to a guest review?
- How long does a review stay on my page?
- Can I ask for a guest review to be removed?
- What order do guest reviews appear in?
- Everything you need to know about guest reviews
- All you need to know about Guest Insights
- Understanding the value for money score
- Understanding external review scores
- All you need to know about Guest Review Scores