Can I ask for a guest review to be removed?
We know travellers find reviews useful when they’re looking for somewhere to stay. That’s why we carry out an investigation before removing a review.
We remove entire reviews, including both the comments and score, if:
- The guest did not arrive at the property or they cancelled the reservation with the property before the planned check-in date
- There was an overbooking or cancellation but the guest’s review does not give details about their experience with the property
- The property cancelled the reservation on the planned day of check-in because of an invalid credit card
- We suspect the review isn’t genuine and may be intended to target a competitor
- We determine that the guest reviewed the wrong property
- We believe the guest is using the review to attempt to blackmail the property (we need written evidence in order to remove a review for this reason)
Keep in mind that if a guest arrives at your property, then decides to leave and then leaves a review, we won’t remove their review provided it’s relevant to their experience at the property and the reason they decided not to stay.
We won’t display any review that includes or refers to, among other things:
- Swear words, sexual references, hate speech, discriminatory remarks, threats, insults or references to violence
- Promotion of illegal activities
- Spam or fake content
- Impersonation (for example, if the writer is claiming to be someone else)
- Contact details such as phone numbers, addresses, email addresses or links to websites
- Unreadable, untranslatable text, excessive use of punctuation or content that doesn’t add value to the broader discussion for other travellers or that isn’t about the travel experience
In these cases, we’ll remove all of the text in the review but we’ll still leave the score online.
To ask us to remove a review covered by one of these categories, please contact us via your extranet inbox, using the topic ‘Guest reviews’.
If you’d like to find out more about who can leave a review, take a look at this article.
- 5 tips on how to get more guest reviews
- Where can I see my guest reviews?
- Anonymous reviews on Booking.com
- Responding to a guest review on Pulse
- What are guest reviews and who can write one?
- Can I respond to a guest review?
- How long does a review stay on my page?
- Can I ask for a guest review to be removed?
- What order do guest reviews appear in?
- Everything you need to know about guest reviews
- All you need to know about Guest Insights
- Understanding the value for money score
- Understanding external review scores
- All you need to know about Guest Review Scores