Everything you need to know about Guest Review Scores
When a guest books their stay on our platform, they can leave your property a review and choose an overall score that reflects their experience. In this article, we’ll cover how guest reviews work and how Guest Review Scores are generated.
What is in this article?
How we collect reviews
Once a guest checks out, we send an email to ask them to review their stay with you. They have 90 days to do this.
What guests can rate when they submit a review
Guests select an overall score from 1 to 10 to rate their experience at your property. This is the only question guests are required to answer before they can submit their review. The average of these overall scores becomes your Guest Review Score, which we’ll display once you receive your first review.
We also ask guests to rate your property in these six specific areas:
All of these ratings are optional and don’t count toward your Guest Review Score.
Guests can then provide more optional ratings, but these are about different facilities, such as WiFi and breakfast. They also don’t count toward your Guest Review Score.
We encourage guests to provide feedback in the form of an open question. This is optional, but their responses can give you helpful insights into your property’s performance. They can also be useful for new guests to find out more about your property before booking a stay. You can read more about the types of guest reviews here.
How a property’s Guest Review Score is calculated
Your property’s score is automatically calculated by calculating the mean sum of all your score reviews
As a platform, we don’t play any role in deciding your score ourselves. We only facilitate the process of collecting your reviews from guests. Your individual scores reflect actual guest experiences and contribute directly to your overall Guest Review Score.
Why a review’s overall score can be different from the category ratings
We collect the overall score for each review separately from the ratings guests give for different categories. We do this because the six categories don’t always cover everything a guest might consider when they rate their stay, while the overall score represents their experience as a whole. This means that it’s normal for the overall score to be different from the category ratings.
It’s still possible for a guest to make a mistake when leaving their ratings. If you think this has happened, contact us via the extranet inbox.
How to see guest reviews for a property
To see how your overall, as well as specific category scores have changed over time and what you can do to improve them, follow these steps:
1. Log in to the extranet
2. Go to the Analytics page
3. Click Guest review scores
How long reviews stay on a property’s page
Reviews stay on your reviews page for 36 months. After that time, they’re automatically archived and can be found at the bottom of your property page.
Once reviews are archived, your overall score will also be recalculated using the reviews that are still online.
How to increase your Guest Review Score
Guest reviews are an important factor when travellers decide what accommodation to book for their trip. Here are some tips on how to increase your overall Guest Review Score:
- Manage guests’ expectations – ensure that the content on your property page is an accurate reflection of what a guest can expect when staying at your property
- Consider providing breakfast – breakfast is the last meal that guests will have with you, so always make an effort to provide the best you can
- Deliver great service – going that extra mile for your guests helps ensure that they have a memorable experience
- Comfort and cleanliness – make sure that your property respects all sanitary requirements, and make it as comfortable as possible for your guests
- 5 tips on how to get more guest reviews
- Where can I see my guest reviews?
- Anonymous reviews on Booking.com
- Responding to a guest review on Pulse
- Understanding guest reviews and the conditions for writing them
- Can I respond to a guest review?
- How long does a review stay on my page?
- Guest review removal
- What order do guest reviews appear in?
- Everything you need to know about Guest Review Scores
- All you need to know about Guest Insights
- Understanding the value for money score
- Understanding external review scores
- All you need to know about Guest Review Scores