Meeting legal requirements for tourist accommodation in French Polynesia
If you run a property in French Polynesia, you need to make sure you read and understand the national law regulating tourist accommodation. You also need to make the required declarations and take all other necessary steps so that you comply with this law and all other national and local laws and regulations, particularly if the National Department of Tourism classifies your property as furnished tourist accommodation (meublés de tourisme).
What’s in this article
What you need to do
You need to let us know whether your property is classified as furnished tourist accommodation, and provide us with the registration number that the National Department of Tourism issued to your property.
If your property is classified as furnished tourist accommodation, you also need to update your listing to include your property rules as required by national and local law.
By providing us with your property's registration number and rules, and by continuing to list your property on our platform, you expressly attest that you’re compliant with all national and local laws and regulations, and that the registration number you're providing is current, valid and issued for your property by the National Department of Tourism.
If you have more than one property in French Polynesia, you’ll need to do this for each one. If you work with a Connectivity provider to manage your property's information, you can provide us with your property's registration number and rules via your Connectivity provider or in the extranet.
How to give us your property’s classification and registration number
Here’s how to let us know whether your property is classified as furnished tourist accommodation and provide us with your property’s registration number:
- Log in to the extranet
- Click on Property and then click on General info
- Under Please provide your property classification and registration number, indicate whether your property is classified as furnished tourist accommodation
- Enter your registration number
- Click on Update your info
How to add your property rules to your listing
If you need to add your property rules to your listing because your property is classified as furnished tourist accommodation, in the extranet there are two ways you can do this:
- Click on Property, click on Policies and then click on Edit under House rules
- Click on Property and then click on Your profile
For more information about the national and local legal requirements you need to meet if you run a property in French Polynesia, read the national law regulating tourist accommodation, contact the National Department of Tourism or take a look at this article.
Legal & Security
- Why do I need to complete a Know Your Partner (KYP) form?
- How can I make Pulse even more secure to use?
- What you need to know about online security and social engineering
- Online Security Awareness: Phishing
- Report a security issue
- How to prevent unauthorized use of your account
- What is 2-factor authentication (2FA)?
- Requirements and regulations around surveillance devices
- Digital event security standards
- Japanese Private Lodging Business Act
- Local laws and regulations
- How can I remove a property or end my partnership with Booking.com?
- My property is under new ownership. What should I do?
- Booking.com Animal Welfare Standards for accommodation partners
- Booking.com Animal Welfare Standards for experience partners
- Where can I find my General Delivery Terms (GDT)?
- Which settings do I need to check to comply with European Union consumer law?
- Mandatory host type (professional/private) assessment
- How does parity work?
- Our values and guidelines
- Offer transparency and clarity through simpler policies
- Our Supplier Code of Conduct
- Meeting legal requirements for tourist accommodation in French Polynesia