Why do I need to complete a Know Your Partner (KYP) form?

Updated 22 hours ago

Why is Booking.com asking me to complete Know Your Partner (KYP) form?

We’re asking you for certain information to comply with various legal and regulatory requirements.

This process is the same for all accommodation partners, even if you only occasionally rent out your accommodation privately. If that’s the case, simply select 'I run my business as an individual' on the KYP form and the remaining questions will be tailored accordingly.


If you manage multiple properties on Booking.com, from 2020 onwards you’ll need to follow a slightly different process. We’ll provide you with all the details in advance so you can familiarise yourself with the requirements. If you received the old KYP form, you don’t need to complete it and can instead complete the new process when that begins.


NOTE: the KYP form is not a new procedure. It’s simply the new name for the account verification form.

How does Booking.com use this information?

Using secure channels, we pass on your information to a third-party provider, who assists us in validating the information against various data sources. This interaction between Booking.com and the third party is fully compliant with Privacy regulations.

How often does the account verification process happen?

Every year, we’ll ask you to confirm that the information you have submitted is still correct. You’ll also have the opportunity to update any information that may have changed.

How can I edit my information?

To re-submit the form, please contact your local support team.

Here’s an explanation of the terms found in the form:

‘Business entity’

An entity that is formed and administered as per corporate law, which engages in business activities, charitable work, or other permitted activities. Business entities are usually formed to sell a product or a service, e.g. corporations, partnerships, trusts and NGOs.


A ‘natural person’ (in legal meaning, i.e. one who has their own legal personality) who is an individual human being and is not formed and administered as per corporate law.

‘Legal name of property’

The official name of the property as used on official registration documents.

‘Ultimate legal owner of the property’

The ultimate legal owner is the individual who ultimately owns the property. If an individual person owns the property legally, then they are the ultimate legal owner. If a company owns the property, the person who owns this company is the ultimate owner. The ultimate owner is the person who is ultimately at the top of the ownership structure.

‘Full name of owner/Full name of owner of management company’

The ultimate beneficial owner. If a company owns the property/management company, we need the full legal name of the company.

If the property/management company is owned by an individual, then we will need the full legal name of that individual.

‘Different name’

Some companies operate under a name that differs from the registered, legal name of the business. This could be a trade name, trading name or business name.

‘Type of manager - property manager’

A person (or persons) responsible for the day-to-day operations of the property. This can include managing employees and planning, marketing, coordinating and administering hotel services, such as catering and accommodation facilities.

‘Type of manager - management company’

A management company manages the daily operations of a hotel, either for an incentive fee, a base fee or a cut of the gross revenue. They typically function as third-party operators, providing day-to-day management services as well as support in accounting, sales and marketing, food and beverage, human resources, auditing, revenue management, etc.

‘Government officials/Government agencies’

This includes individuals such as a Head of State, an elected member of government or a senior employee of a government or legislative body, as well as departments, agencies or legislative bodies established by governments.

‘Government owned’

Where an entity is wholly owned or controlled (i.e. through more than 50% ownership) by a government body or government official


If a property is owned by multiple people, or companies, we require the legal name of the company or individual, whose ownership is more than 20%.

Is this article helpful?