How to create and manage extranet login accounts
We’ve added a new feature to the extranet that simplifies managing your property’s login accounts.*
You’ll no longer have to share logins and passwords with your team. Instead, you can create additional accounts with individual access rights for your team members. The feature can only be accessed by your property’s ‘admin user’. This user has either been nominated by you, or identified by us as the most suitable user to create and manage accounts.
To create or manage your property’s login accounts, the admin user can follow these steps:
- Go to the Booking.com extranet and click on the ‘Account’ icon in the top right-hand corner.
- Select ‘Create and manage users’ from the drop-down menu.
- You’ll see an overview of all users, their access rights and their last login date.
- Click on ‘Manage’ to edit existing rights, remove a user or assign a new admin user. or Click on ‘Add user’ to create a new login. This can either be a first-time user or someone who already has access to another extranet account.
- How can I invite an existing extranet user to access my property, but restrict them to specific tabs like ‘Reservations’?
- Can I see what changes specific users make to my extranet?
- What extranet tabs can I set permissions for?
- Can I create an account with read-only access, so that users can’t update any details in my extranet?
- Can I resend a user invitation email if it’s been accidentally deleted or not been received?
- Can I create a shared account for a team?
- Can I temporarily restrict a user’s access to my extranet?
- When I update an existing login account, can I see if the user has access to other properties and if so, which properties?
- Where can I update user details other than permissions, such as an email address or phone number?
- Can a property have more than one ‘admin user’?
How can I invite an existing extranet user to access my property, but restrict them to specific tabs like ‘Reservations’?
When you invite a user with an existing extranet account to access your property, you’ll be shown their current permissions. After the user has accepted your invite, you’ll be able to change their permissions. However, any changes you make to their permissions will apply to all properties they have access to. It’s not possible to create property-specific permissions for a group-account holder. However, you can invite the user to create a new login account that will retain the specific permissions you choose to give them for your property.
It’s not possible for you to track or view individual users’ actions in your extranet. If you have any issues or questions, please reach out to your local support team.
You can restrict access to the following tabs and pages by setting permissions: Account, Inbox, Finance, Property details, Reservations, Promotions and Rates & Availability (or Calendar & pricing, depending on your property type). You can set individual permissions for specific tabs using the ‘Yes/No’ toggle buttons. If access is switched on, the user will be able to view and edit everything within that tab.
Can I create an account with read-only access, so that users can’t update any details in my extranet?
When you create an account, you can set user access permissions for specific extranet tabs. Once access is switched on, the user will be able to view and edit everything within that tab.
If an invitation has been deleted or not been received, you can simply create a new login account and invite the same person again. The previous invite will automatically expire after 7 days and the ‘pending’ user in your property list will also disappear.
It is possible, but we recommend that you create a separate login account for every individual extranet user. That way, you’ll have more control over who can access and makes changes to individual tabs.
You can restrict a user from accessing your extranet at any time. If you later wish to re-add them, just invite them again via the ‘Add new user’ button.
When I update an existing login account, can I see if the user has access to other properties and if so, which properties?
When making updates to user permissions, before you confirm any changes you’ll get a warning notification if the change will impact other properties. For security reasons, we can’t specify the other property names that the user also has access to. Any changes you make to login accounts that have access to multiple properties will impact the user’s access to all properties in that account.
The ‘admin user’ can only make changes to user permissions relating to extranet access. To make changes to a user’s email address or phone number, please reach out to your local support team.
It is possible to have more than one admin user for a property. Any existing admin user can create an additional admin user by selecting that option under the ‘Manage’ button for the chosen user. An admin user will always be granted access to all tabs automatically.
Account and login