Accessing guests’ credit card details
To charge a credit card for reservations, you need to have access to your guest's credit card details. You can access these details through the extranet or the Pulse app, and charge the credit card directly according to the reservation policy. Credit card details can be accessed up to three times and for a maximum of 10 days after the guest's check-out or cancellation date.
Contact us if you need access to a CVC code. Keep in mind, when you’ve viewed the CVC once, it will no longer be visible. Never take a screenshot of your guest’s credit card details, and never write them down.
What’s in this article:
Accessing credit card details in the extranet
Follow these steps to access a guest’s credit card details via the extranet:
- Log in to the extranet
- Click on Reservations
- Click on the guest’s name or reservation number
- Click on View credit card details
- Enter your login name and password
Accessing credit card details in the Pulse app
Here’s how to access your guest’s credit card details in the Pulse app on your mobile device:
- Log in to the Pulse app
- Tap on the reservation to view its credit card details in the Bookings or Home tab
- Tap on the reservation you want to access
- Under Payment – credit card, tap on View credit card details
- Enter your login name and password
Troubleshooting if you can’t access credit card details
Here are some reasons why you may not be able to see your guest’s credit card details:
- You’re a new partner, and your property isn't verified yet. To find out more, take a look at this article.
- Your web browser is out of date and not secure enough. Make sure you use an up-to-date browser.
- Your extranet or Pulse account doesn’t have admin rights. Contact your property‘s admin user.
- If you log in from a new device, you may not be able to view credit card details for five to seven days.
Guest Policies & Payments
- Allowing guests to book without credit card details
- Can I set up the same policies for all of my properties in one go?
- How can I set up the grace period?
- Managing my services charges
- Updating your internet, pets and parking policies
- Setting up or changing your property’s policies
- Setting up cancellation policies
- Do I supply guests with invoices?
- Accessing guests’ credit card details
- How can I set up pre-authorisation for guests’ credit cards?
- Everything you need to know about damage policy options
- Handling invalid credit cards
- How can I change my payment preferences and which credit cards I accept?
- Setting up a prepayment policy
- How do I handle guest payments?
- Everything you need to know about Strong Customer Authentication
- Understanding the new cash payment feature in your Guest Payment Options
- Payments: FAQs
- Introducing payment services from Booking.com
- Payments by Booking.com: FAQs
- Understanding Payments by Booking.com
- How much Payments by Booking.com costs
- Everything you need to know about virtual credit cards
- Refunding virtual credit cards (VCCs)
- Understanding when your virtual credit cards are activated
- Card validation and fee collection solution
- Card validation and fee collection solution for connected partners
- US Payments Ranking Benefit: how extra visibility in search results works for US properties using Payments by Booking.com
- Booking Holdings Financial Services
- Activating and processing payments with Booking Holdings Financial Services
- Identifying and verifying property owners for Booking Holdings Financial Services
- Submitting a complaint about Booking Holdings Financial Services
- FAQ: Booking Holdings Financial Services
- Booking Holdings Financial Services Payments Agreement
- Payments FAQs for property management companies in the US and Canada