How can I view guest credit card details using Pulse?
If you’re the "admin user" of your extranet account, you can to view credit card details for reservations on Pulse. If you work with virtual credit cards, you'll see them on Pulse as well.
To view guest credit card details on Pulse, just follow these steps:
Open the app.
Tap on a reservation under the ‘Activity’ tab, or go to ‘Bookings’ and select a reservation.
Scroll down to the ‘Total reservation price’ section, then tap ‘View credit card details’.
For security reasons, you’ll have to enter your login name and password. It's the same username and password that you use to log in to the extranet.
There you’ll see the guest’s credit card details.
Note: Always keep guest credit card data safe. Never take screenshots or write them down. The most secure way to handle credit card details is by only viewing them when charging or pre-authorizing the card.
Reviewing extranet/Pulse access rights
Do you have other staff who also have "admin user" rights? Does their role require them to view guest credit card details? If not, make sure you adjust their permissions accordingly. Any account settings you select on the Extranet are automatically reflected on Pulse.
Booking.com complies with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS). The Pulse app is built with the same security measures as the extranet, so you can be rest assured we've taken measures to protect guest data.
Rules for viewing credit card details
Guest credit card details can only be viewed 3 times in total, for up to 10 days after the check-out date – whether on the extranet or Pulse.
If the booking is cancelled, credit card details will be available for up to 10 days after the cancellation date. For security reasons, the CVC code can only be shown once (the first time you view the credit card details).
Remember that guests don't have to provide credit cards for all reservations, depending on the policies and payment methods you set up.
Extra security options on iOS
If you use Pulse on an iOS device, you can make it even more secure by going to the More tab and setting up a Touch ID and passcode. That way the app can only be accessed on your device by entering a valid passcode or fingerprint scan.
Save time with our mobile app
Not using Pulse yet? Learn how it can help you manage your business even better, then download it for free.
Guest Policies & Payments
- Setting up no-credit card details on your most flexible rate
- Can I set up the same policies for all of my properties in one go?
- How can I set up the grace period?
- How can I change the breakfast type?
- No credit card details for domestic bookers
- Managing my services charges
- Last-minute bookings without credit cards
- How can I update my property’s WiFi internet settings in the extranet?
- How can I make changes to my property's policies?
- Why are there restrictions for setting up policies?
- Can I change or add policies myself?
- What type of policies can I set up?
- How to set up standard children rates
- Setting up cancellation policies
- Making changes to your parking policies
- How can I set up ‘no credit-card details for domestic bookers’?
- How do I handle property damage by guests?
- How can I view guest credit card details using Pulse?
- Do I supply guests with invoices?
- How can I access guests’ credit card details?
- How can I set up pre-authorisation for guests’ credit cards?
- How can I set up a damage deposit?
- How do I mark a credit card as invalid?
- How can I change my payment preferences and which credit cards I accept?
- How can I make changes to deposit and pre-payment information?
- I'd like to set up a prepayment deposit. How can I do this?
- How do I handle guest payments?
- The guest hasn't paid the deposit/pre-payment. Can I cancel the booking?
- What is Strong Customer Authentication?
- Can I charge credit card and/or payment fees on bookings I receive through Booking.com?
- Can I mark credit cards as invalid in Pulse?
- Introducing payment solutions from Booking.com
- Payments - FAQs and all you need to know
- How can I join Payments by Booking.com?
- How much does it cost to use Payments by Booking.com?
- What to know about virtual credit cards (VCCs)
- Receiving bank transfer payments via Payoneer in Japan
- Temporary changes for virtual credit card activation date (VCC)
- How and when do I refund a virtual credit card (VCC) ?
- Cost savings and earlier activation dates for virtual credit cards
- Card validation and fee collection solution
- Card validation and fee collection solution for connected partners