I'd like to set up a prepayment deposit. How can I do this?
If you accept credit cards, you can charge a prepayment on the card the guest booked with. You can charge either the full amount or a partial amount, but the amount should be the same as the amount stated on the booking confirmation.
How to set up a prepayment deposit:
- Click on the ‘Property’ tab, then ‘Policies’.
- Under ‘Cancellation and prepayment policies’, click ‘Edit’ to update an existing policy or select ‘Create a new cancellation policy’.
If you don’t accept credit cards but want to charge a prepayment deposit, you’ll need to contact the guest to arrange the payment. To keep things simple, decide on a payment deadline and inform the guest – you can even set up a message template to save yourself time.
Alternatively, you could set up a cancellation policy, where guests pay a set percentage if they cancel after a certain date. That way, you won’t have to worry about returning money to all the guests who don't stay – and your property may be more appealing to other potential guests who would rather not pay anything up front.
You can set up a range of cancellation policies – all of which give you control over how much your guests pay, and when.
Note: If you’ve just recently become a Booking.com partner, there may be a temporary restriction on prepayments for your property.
Guest Policies & Payments
- Setting up no-credit card details on your most flexible rate
- Can I set up the same policies for all of my properties in one go?
- How do I attach a new cancellation policy to a rate?
- How can I set up the grace period?
- How can I change the breakfast type?
- How to waive fees with the Cancellation Fee Exceptions tool
- No credit card details for domestic bookers
- Managing my services charges
- Last-minute bookings without credit cards
- How can I update my property’s WiFi internet settings in the extranet?
- How can I make changes to my property's policies?
- Why are there restrictions for setting up policies?
- Can I change or add policies myself?
- What type of policies can I set up?
- How to set up policies, rooms, rates and facilities for children
- How can I change cancellation policies?
- Making changes to your parking policies
- How can I set up ‘no credit-card details for domestic bookers’?
- How do I handle property damage by guests?
- How can I view guest credit card details using Pulse?
- Do I supply guests with invoices?
- How can I access guests’ credit card details?
- How can I set up pre-authorisation for guests’ credit cards?
- How can I set up a damage deposit?
- How do I mark a credit card as invalid?
- How can I change my payment preferences and which credit cards I accept?
- How can I make changes to deposit and pre-payment information?
- I'd like to set up a prepayment deposit. How can I do this?
- How do I handle guest payments?
- The guest hasn't paid the deposit/pre-payment. Can I cancel the booking?
- What is Strong Customer Authentication?
- Can I charge credit card and/or payment fees on bookings I receive through Booking.com?
- Can I mark credit cards as invalid in Pulse?
- Introducing payment solutions from Booking.com
- Payments - FAQs and all you need to know
- How can I join Payments by Booking.com?
- How much does it cost to use Payments by Booking.com?
- What to know about virtual credit cards (VCCs)
- Receiving bank transfer payments via Payoneer in Japan
- Temporary changes for virtual credit card activation date (VCC)
- How and when do I refund a virtual credit card (VCC) ?
- Cost savings and earlier activation dates for virtual credit cards
- Card validation and fee collection solution
- Card validation and fee collection solution for connected partners