Booking Holdings Financial Services
As a global marketplace for travel, one of our aims is to expand our horizons to offer you and your guests the best services. This includes investing in our payment solutions. Therefore, we’ve decided to form Booking Holdings Financial Services (BHFS). Starting from October 2022, BHFS will become one of the payment service providers to process payments on our platform.
These services will be provided by Booking Holdings Financial Services International Ltd. if your location is in the EEA. Booking Holdings Financial Services Ltd. is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.
What’s in this article
BHFS is an e-money institution that provides payment services within Booking.com. Processing payments with BHFS helps us enhance the reliability of payments made on our platform and increases our ability to prevent fraud and other financial crime. BHFS comes with our continued commitment to enable you and your guests to make and receive safe and secure payments.
Furthermore, being able to provide you with regulated payment services allows us to lay the foundation for introducing new improvements and scaling our payments services in the future. This means we can innovate and offer top-notch payment services that will deliver more value to you and your guests.
Licensing and regulation
Booking Holdings Financial Services International Ltd. is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. Therefore, we're required to comply with legislation and regulation that apply to e-money and payment services in the European Economic Area (EEA).
BHFS will launch its payment processing services in phases across our markets, starting with select partners in certain member countries of the EEA. This allows us to validate the operating model and effectiveness of the transition, thus ensuring the operational readiness of our new payment service provider.
We don't expect anything in your day-to-day operations to change once BHFS starts processing payments for you. However, please read this article on activating and processing payments with BHFS to find out more.
Guest Policies & Payments
- Setting up no-credit card details on your most flexible rate
- Can I set up the same policies for all of my properties in one go?
- How can I set up the grace period?
- How can I change the breakfast type?
- No credit card details for domestic bookers
- Managing my services charges
- Last-minute bookings without credit cards
- How can I update my property’s WiFi internet settings in the extranet?
- How can I make changes to my property's policies?
- Why are there restrictions for setting up policies?
- Can I change or add policies myself?
- What type of policies can I set up?
- How to set up standard children rates
- Setting up cancellation policies
- Making changes to your parking policies
- How can I set up ‘no credit-card details for domestic bookers’?
- How do I handle property damage by guests?
- How can I view guest credit card details using Pulse?
- Do I supply guests with invoices?
- How can I access guests’ credit card details?
- How can I set up pre-authorisation for guests’ credit cards?
- How can I set up a damage deposit?
- How do I mark a credit card as invalid?
- How can I change my payment preferences and which credit cards I accept?
- How can I make changes to deposit and pre-payment information?
- I'd like to set up a prepayment deposit. How can I do this?
- How do I handle guest payments?
- The guest hasn't paid the deposit/pre-payment. Can I cancel the booking?
- What is Strong Customer Authentication?
- Can I charge credit card and/or payment fees on bookings I receive through Booking.com?
- Can I mark credit cards as invalid in Pulse?
- How to check the status of a damage payment request
- Introducing payment solutions from Booking.com
- Payments: FAQs
- How can I join Payments by Booking.com?
- How much does it cost to use Payments by Booking.com?
- Everything you need to know about virtual credit cards (VCCs)
- Receiving bank transfer payments via Payoneer in Japan
- Refunding virtual credit cards (VCCs)
- Cost savings and earlier activation dates for virtual credit cards
- Card validation and fee collection solution
- Card validation and fee collection solution for connected partners
- US Payments Ranking Benefit: how extra visibility in search results works for US properties using Online Payments
- Booking Holdings Financial Services
- Activating and processing payments with Booking Holdings Financial Services
- Identifying and verifying yourself for Booking Holdings Financial Services
- Submitting a complaint about Booking Holdings Financial Services
- FAQ: Booking Holdings Financial Services
- Booking Holdings Financial Services Payments Agreement
- Booking Holdings Financial Services Privacy Statement
- Payments FAQ: US Home Property Management Companies