Booking Holdings Financial Services
As a global marketplace for travel, one of our aims is to expand our horizons to offer you and your guests the best services. This includes investing in our payment solutions. Therefore, we’ve decided to form Booking Holdings Financial Services (BHFS). In the upcoming months, BHFS will gradually take on the role of Payments by Booking.com as our new payment service provider.
These services will be provided by Booking Holdings Financial Services International Ltd. if your location is in the EEA. Booking Holdings Financial Services Ltd. is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.
What’s in this article
BHFS is an e-money institution that provides payment services within Booking.com. Processing payments with BHFS helps us enhance the reliability of payments made on our platform and increases our ability to prevent fraud and other financial crime. BHFS comes with our continued commitment to enable you and your guests to make and receive safe and secure payments.
Furthermore, being able to provide you with regulated payment services allows us to lay the foundation for introducing new improvements and scaling our payments services in the future. This means we can innovate and offer top-notch payment services that will deliver more value to you and your guests.
Licensing and regulation
Booking Holdings Financial Services International Ltd. is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. Therefore, we're required to comply with legislation and regulation that apply to e-money and payment services in the European Economic Area (EEA).
BHFS will launch its payment processing services in phases across our markets, starting with select partners in certain member countries of the EEA. This allows us to validate the operating model and effectiveness of the transition, thus ensuring the operational readiness of our new payment service provider. We’ll let you know when BHFS is ready to begin processing your payments.
We don't expect anything in your day-to-day operations to change once BHFS starts processing payments for you. However, please read this article on activating and processing payments with BHFS to find out more.
Guest Policies & Payments
- Allowing guests to book without credit card details
- Can I set up the same policies for all of my properties in one go?
- How can I set up the grace period?
- How can I change the breakfast type?
- No credit card details for domestic bookers
- Managing my services charges
- Last-minute bookings without credit cards
- Updating your internet, pets and parking policies
- Why are there restrictions for setting up policies?
- Setting up or changing your property’s policies
- Setting up standard children rates
- Setting up cancellation policies
- Making changes to your parking policies
- How can I set up ‘no credit-card details for domestic bookers’?
- How do I handle property damage by guests?
- Viewing guests’ credit card details on Pulse
- Do I supply guests with invoices?
- Accessing guests’ credit card details
- How can I set up pre-authorisation for guests’ credit cards?
- Everything you need to know about damage policy options
- Handling invalid credit cards
- How can I change my payment preferences and which credit cards I accept?
- How can I make changes to deposit and pre-payment information?
- Setting up a prepayment policy
- How do I handle guest payments?
- The guest hasn't paid the deposit/pre-payment. Can I cancel the booking?
- What is Strong Customer Authentication?
- Can I charge credit card and/or payment fees on bookings I receive through Booking.com?
- Can I mark credit cards as invalid in Pulse?
- How to check the status of a damage payment request
- Understanding the new cash payment feature in your Guest Payment Options
- Introducing payment services from Booking.com
- Payments: FAQs
- Understanding Payments by Booking.com
- How much Payments by Booking.com costs
- Everything you need to know about virtual credit cards
- Refunding virtual credit cards (VCCs)
- Understanding when your virtual credit cards are activated
- Card validation and fee collection solution
- Card validation and fee collection solution for connected partners
- US Payments Ranking Benefit: how extra visibility in search results works for US properties using Online Payments
- Booking Holdings Financial Services
- Activating and processing payments with Booking Holdings Financial Services
- Identifying and verifying yourself for Booking Holdings Financial Services
- Submitting a complaint about Booking Holdings Financial Services
- FAQ: Booking Holdings Financial Services
- Booking Holdings Financial Services Payments Agreement
- Booking Holdings Financial Services Privacy Statement
- Payments FAQs for property management companies in the US
- TEMPLATE: EXAMPLE FAQ/ACCORDIONS W/ TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Booking.com Cash Advance