Card validation and fee collection solution
Guests who choose to pay for their booking at your property instead of online on our platform need to provide their credit card details at the time of booking. These need to be validated, and the risk associated with the process needs to be managed. Our credit card validation and cancellation fee collection solution can help reduce this workload.
What's in this article
How the solution works
This solution takes care of validating guests’ credit cards, charging cancellation or no-show fees and taking liability for any chargebacks, with the ultimate goal of establishing strong customer authentication. There is no extra fee associated with this solution.
Here’s how the solution works:
We’ll validate credit cards whenever guests book your flexible no-prepayment policies. Guests pay you directly when they arrive at your property.
We take care of securely storing credit card details instead of sending them to you.
If a guest cancels or doesn’t show up, we charge the guest and collect cancellation and no-show fees on your behalf.
To increase the success rate of fee collection, no-shows must be marked within 4 days of check-in.
Once we’ve collected the fee, we pay it to you via virtual credit card. If your preferred payout method is by bank transfer, we’ll transfer the amount by bank transfer with the same cycle as your normal payout process.
You won’t be charged any commission if fee collection isn’t successful.
How the solution benefits you
You’ll reduce your processes because you won’t need to validate or pre-authorise guest credit cards, or collect cancellation/no-show fees.
Because guest credit cards are validated during the free cancellation period, the risk associated with invalid credit cards is reduced.
We take on the risks of chargebacks resulting from the cancellation or no-show fee collection, and waive commission on any fees that can’t be collected.
We take care of information security so you don’t need to worry about storing guest credit card details securely or complying with SCA standards.
Guest Policies & Payments
- Setting up no-credit card details on your most flexible rate
- Can I set up the same policies for all of my properties in one go?
- How can I set up the grace period?
- How can I change the breakfast type?
- No credit card details for domestic bookers
- Managing my services charges
- Last-minute bookings without credit cards
- How can I update my property’s WiFi internet settings in the extranet?
- How can I make changes to my property's policies?
- Why are there restrictions for setting up policies?
- Can I change or add policies myself?
- What type of policies can I set up?
- How to set up standard children rates
- Setting up cancellation policies
- Making changes to your parking policies
- How can I set up ‘no credit-card details for domestic bookers’?
- How do I handle property damage by guests?
- Viewing guests’ credit card details on Pulse
- Do I supply guests with invoices?
- How can I access guests’ credit card details?
- How can I set up pre-authorisation for guests’ credit cards?
- How can I set up a damage deposit?
- How do I mark a credit card as invalid?
- How can I change my payment preferences and which credit cards I accept?
- How can I make changes to deposit and pre-payment information?
- I'd like to set up a prepayment deposit. How can I do this?
- How do I handle guest payments?
- The guest hasn't paid the deposit/pre-payment. Can I cancel the booking?
- What is Strong Customer Authentication?
- Can I charge credit card and/or payment fees on bookings I receive through Booking.com?
- Can I mark credit cards as invalid in Pulse?
- How to check the status of a damage payment request
- Introducing payment solutions from Booking.com
- Payments: FAQs
- How can I join Payments by Booking.com?
- How much does it cost to use Payments by Booking.com?
- Everything you need to know about virtual credit cards (VCCs)
- Refunding virtual credit cards (VCCs)
- Cost savings and earlier activation dates for virtual credit cards
- Card validation and fee collection solution
- Card validation and fee collection solution for connected partners
- US Payments Ranking Benefit: how extra visibility in search results works for US properties using Online Payments
- Booking Holdings Financial Services
- Activating and processing payments with Booking Holdings Financial Services
- Identifying and verifying yourself for Booking Holdings Financial Services
- Submitting a complaint about Booking Holdings Financial Services
- FAQ: Booking Holdings Financial Services
- Booking Holdings Financial Services Payments Agreement
- Booking Holdings Financial Services Privacy Statement
- Payments FAQ: US Home Property Management Companies