How can I join Payments by Booking.com?
Payments by Booking.com is a payments solution where Booking.com facilitates all guest payments for you, according to the policies you’ve selected. You’ll receive guaranteed payouts by bank transfer for all your reservations (depending on your property’s reservations policies).
From 1 June 2019, a charge is applied to Payments by Booking.com. This is to cover the costs associated with facilitating payments on our partners’ behalf, and is applicable to EEA countries (plus Switzerland).
How can I see if my property is eligible or already active on Payments by Booking.com?
To find out if your property is already active on Payments by Booking, and for more information on associated costs, log in to your extranet and click on the ‘Finance’ tab.
If you see the ‘Getting paid’ page in the drop-down menu, you are currently active and can find more information about this service.
If you see the ‘Payments by Booking.com’ page, you are eligible but not yet active, and can activate the service at the bottom of the page.
If you don’t see the ‘Getting paid’ or the ‘Payments by Booking.com’ pages in the drop-down menu, your property isn’t active or eligible for this service.
What should I do if my property doesn’t have Payments by Booking.com?
If you’re not part of Payments by Booking.com, you’ll need to continue to manage your guests’ payments yourself, as normal. So it’s important that you have your payment preferences correctly configured. For tips on how to set your preferences, check out this article.
If you accept credit cards, you can either charge the guest before arrival or at check-in/check-out, depending on the policy they booked under.
If you don’t accept credit cards, the guest will pay on arrival or departure in your local currency. If you want to charge a prepayment deposit or a damage deposit, you’ll need to contact the guest to arrange the payment. To keep things simple, decide on a payment deadline and let the guest know.
Guest Policies & Payments
- Setting up no-credit card details on your most flexible rate
- Can I set up the same policies for all of my properties in one go?
- How can I set up the grace period?
- How can I change the breakfast type?
- No credit card details for domestic bookers
- Managing my services charges
- Last-minute bookings without credit cards
- How can I update my property’s WiFi internet settings in the extranet?
- How can I make changes to my property's policies?
- Why are there restrictions for setting up policies?
- Can I change or add policies myself?
- What type of policies can I set up?
- How to set up standard children rates
- Setting up cancellation policies
- Making changes to your parking policies
- How can I set up ‘no credit-card details for domestic bookers’?
- How do I handle property damage by guests?
- Viewing guests’ credit card details on Pulse
- Do I supply guests with invoices?
- How can I access guests’ credit card details?
- How can I set up pre-authorisation for guests’ credit cards?
- How can I set up a damage deposit?
- How do I mark a credit card as invalid?
- How can I change my payment preferences and which credit cards I accept?
- How can I make changes to deposit and pre-payment information?
- I'd like to set up a prepayment deposit. How can I do this?
- How do I handle guest payments?
- The guest hasn't paid the deposit/pre-payment. Can I cancel the booking?
- What is Strong Customer Authentication?
- Can I charge credit card and/or payment fees on bookings I receive through Booking.com?
- Can I mark credit cards as invalid in Pulse?
- How to check the status of a damage payment request
- Introducing payment solutions from Booking.com
- Payments: FAQs
- How can I join Payments by Booking.com?
- How much does it cost to use Payments by Booking.com?
- Everything you need to know about virtual credit cards (VCCs)
- Refunding virtual credit cards (VCCs)
- Understanding earlier activation dates for virtual credit cards
- Card validation and fee collection solution
- Card validation and fee collection solution for connected partners
- US Payments Ranking Benefit: how extra visibility in search results works for US properties using Online Payments
- Booking Holdings Financial Services
- Activating and processing payments with Booking Holdings Financial Services
- Identifying and verifying yourself for Booking Holdings Financial Services
- Submitting a complaint about Booking Holdings Financial Services
- FAQ: Booking Holdings Financial Services
- Booking Holdings Financial Services Payments Agreement
- Booking Holdings Financial Services Privacy Statement
- Payments FAQ: US Home Property Management Companies
- TEMPLATE: EXAMPLE FAQ/ACCORDIONS
- Clone of Payments: FAQs