How much does it cost to use Payments by Booking.com?
Payments by Booking.com is an easy way to take guest payments. It can help you achieve more bookings, reduce the risk of fraud and save time on admin.
How much you pay depends on the payout method you choose and where your property is located, as processing fees differ per country.
What’s in this article
Payments by Booking.com cost overview
Joining Payments by Booking.com has no setup fees or additional commission. We only charge you a small fee for the bookings you receive from us, depending on the payout method you select – virtual credit card or bank transfer.
Payments by Booking.com also offers you more security. Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) protection is provided for all transactions and payments are guaranteed for non-refundable bookings.
You will also only be charged for completed bookings – no fees are collected when you waive a fee or offer guests free cancellation.
Payments by Booking.com costs for virtual credit cards
Payments by Booking.com replaces the interchange fees you would pay to your credit card company for charging guests directly. Most payment service providers also charge fees per transaction – this payment now goes towards charging the virtual credit card per reservation instead.
When using a virtual credit card, you receive your payouts as determined by your booking’s policy – you can find more information in the extranet.
Payments by Booking.com costs for bank transfers
When you receive a payment by bank transfer for the value of the reservation, our commission will already be deducted and the fees will vary. The costs depend on your property’s location, ranging from 1.1-1.9%, and consists of processing fees, chargeback protection, fraud protection and the SCA cost.
When using a bank transfer, you receive your payouts after guests check out.
Find out if you’re eligible for Payments by Booking.com
You can find out if you’re eligible for Payments by Booking.com and how much it costs by following these steps:
- Log in to the extranet
- Click on the Finance tab
- Click either Payments by Booking.com or Online Payments, depending on your location and settings
Guest Policies & Payments
- Setting up no-credit card details on your most flexible rate
- Can I set up the same policies for all of my properties in one go?
- How can I set up the grace period?
- How can I change the breakfast type?
- No credit card details for domestic bookers
- Managing my services charges
- Last-minute bookings without credit cards
- Updating your property’s internet, parking and pets policies in the extranet
- Why are there restrictions for setting up policies?
- Setting up or changing your property’s policies
- Setting up standard children rates
- Setting up cancellation policies
- Making changes to your parking policies
- How can I set up ‘no credit-card details for domestic bookers’?
- How do I handle property damage by guests?
- Viewing guests’ credit card details on Pulse
- Do I supply guests with invoices?
- How can I access guests’ credit card details?
- How can I set up pre-authorisation for guests’ credit cards?
- How can I set up a damage deposit?
- How do I mark a credit card as invalid?
- How can I change my payment preferences and which credit cards I accept?
- How can I make changes to deposit and pre-payment information?
- I'd like to set up a prepayment deposit. How can I do this?
- How do I handle guest payments?
- The guest hasn't paid the deposit/pre-payment. Can I cancel the booking?
- What is Strong Customer Authentication?
- Can I charge credit card and/or payment fees on bookings I receive through Booking.com?
- Can I mark credit cards as invalid in Pulse?
- How to check the status of a damage payment request
- Introducing payment solutions from Booking.com
- Payments: FAQs
- Understanding Payments by Booking.com
- How much does it cost to use Payments by Booking.com?
- Everything you need to know about virtual credit cards (VCCs)
- Refunding virtual credit cards (VCCs)
- Understanding earlier activation dates for virtual credit cards
- Card validation and fee collection solution
- Card validation and fee collection solution for connected partners
- US Payments Ranking Benefit: how extra visibility in search results works for US properties using Online Payments
- Booking Holdings Financial Services
- Activating and processing payments with Booking Holdings Financial Services
- Identifying and verifying yourself for Booking Holdings Financial Services
- Submitting a complaint about Booking Holdings Financial Services
- FAQ: Booking Holdings Financial Services
- Booking Holdings Financial Services Payments Agreement
- Booking Holdings Financial Services Privacy Statement
- Payments FAQs for property management companies in the US
- TEMPLATE: EXAMPLE FAQ/ACCORDIONS W/ TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Payments: FAQs