How much Payments by Booking.com costs
Payments by Booking.com is a payment solution that enables us to facilitate all of your guests’ payments to you, and to pay them out via virtual credit card or bank transfer. This solution can help you get more bookings, reduce the risk of fraud and save time on admin. Payments by Booking.com also offers more security and payments guaranteed for non-refundable bookings, as well as with Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) protection provided for transactions in the European Economic Area and UK.
How much you pay depends on your payout method and where your property is located, as processing fees differ per country.
What’s in this article:
Payments by Booking.com cost overview
You don’t need to pay a setup fee or additional commission to join Payments by Booking.com. We charge a fee for bookings that you receive from us, and this fee depends on the payout method you select – virtual credit card or bank transfer.
You’ll only be charged for completed bookings. No fees are collected when you waive a fee to offer guests free cancellation.
Costs for virtual credit card payouts
The cost for receiving a payout via virtual credit card replaces the fee you would pay to your credit card company for charging guests directly. Most payment service providers also charge fees per transaction. This payment now goes toward charging the virtual credit card per reservation instead.
When using a virtual credit card, you receive your payouts according to your booking’s policy. You can find more information on these policies on the extranet.
Costs for bank transfer payouts
When you receive a payout by bank transfer for the value of a reservation, you’ll be charged a fee that consists of payment processing costs, chargeback and fraud risk expenses and, where applicable, SCA costs. The fee varies depending on your property’s location, and will be between 1.1% and 3.1%.
Payment processing costs are made up of three components:
- PSP fees – charged by our payment service provider to process the payment, including collecting the payment from the customer (payer)
- Scheme fees – charged by the card scheme companies, like Visa or Mastercard, for using their networks
- Interchange fees – charged by the customer’s issuing bank to approve the credit
If you opt for payout via bank transfer, you’ll receive your payout for a reservation after your guest checks out. How you pay the payment charge and our commission depends on your location. There are two options:
- Our commission and the payment charge will both be deducted from every payout you receive
- You’ll pay the commission and payout charge for every reservation in one go at the end of the month
You can find out which is applicable to your property in your Payments by Booking.com page.
Eligibility for Payments by Booking.com
You can find out if you’re eligible for Payments by Booking.com, as well as see how much it will cost you, by following these steps:
- Log in to the extranet
- Click the Finance tab
- Select either Payments by Booking.com or Online Payments, depending on your location and settings
Guest Policies & Payments
- Allowing guests to book without credit card details
- Can I set up the same policies for all of my properties in one go?
- How can I set up the grace period?
- How can I change the breakfast type?
- No credit card details for domestic bookers
- Managing my services charges
- Last-minute bookings without credit cards
- Updating your internet, pets and parking policies
- Why are there restrictions for setting up policies?
- Setting up or changing your property’s policies
- Setting up standard children rates
- Setting up cancellation policies
- Making changes to your parking policies
- How can I set up ‘no credit-card details for domestic bookers’?
- How do I handle property damage by guests?
- Viewing guests’ credit card details on Pulse
- Do I supply guests with invoices?
- Accessing guests’ credit card details
- How can I set up pre-authorisation for guests’ credit cards?
- Everything you need to know about damage policy options
- Handling invalid credit cards
- How can I change my payment preferences and which credit cards I accept?
- How can I make changes to deposit and pre-payment information?
- Setting up a prepayment policy
- How do I handle guest payments?
- The guest hasn't paid the deposit/pre-payment. Can I cancel the booking?
- Everything you need to know about Strong Customer Authentication
- Can I charge credit card and/or payment fees on bookings I receive through Booking.com?
- Can I mark credit cards as invalid in Pulse?
- How to check the status of a damage payment request
- Understanding the new cash payment feature in your Guest Payment Options
- Introducing payment services from Booking.com
- Payments: FAQs
- Understanding Payments by Booking.com
- How much Payments by Booking.com costs
- Everything you need to know about virtual credit cards
- Refunding virtual credit cards (VCCs)
- Understanding when your virtual credit cards are activated
- Card validation and fee collection solution
- Card validation and fee collection solution for connected partners
- US Payments Ranking Benefit: how extra visibility in search results works for US properties using Online Payments
- Booking Holdings Financial Services
- Activating and processing payments with Booking Holdings Financial Services
- Identifying and verifying yourself for Booking Holdings Financial Services
- Submitting a complaint about Booking Holdings Financial Services
- FAQ: Booking Holdings Financial Services
- Booking Holdings Financial Services Payments Agreement
- Booking Holdings Financial Services Privacy Statement
- Payments FAQs for property management companies in the US
- TEMPLATE: EXAMPLE FAQ/ACCORDIONS W/ TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Booking.com Cash Advance: FAQs
- Test for FAQs on prod- Help