Identifying and verifying yourself for Booking Holdings Financial Services
In order to safely process payments with Booking Holdings Financial Services (BHFS), BHFS is required to collect information to identify and verify you. Our three-step identification and verification process – also known as the BHFS ‘Know Your Partner’ (KYP) form – allows BHFS to make sure that everyone is who they claim to be – and prevents financial crime on our platform.
What’s in this article
Where to find the BHFS KYP form
Once it’s available to you, we’ll send you an email inviting you to complete the BHFS KYP form. You can also find the form via banners in your extranet.
What information is required to verify your identity
The KYP form will guide you through all the information required to verify your identity. It involves a three-step process where we gather data regarding the property’s ownership, information about your identity and address, as well as your bank details. All licensed and regulated payment service providers enforce a similar process.
1. Information about the property’s ownership
First, we’ll determine if you’re an individual owner of a property or if you’re a business entity that owns a property. If you’re the individual owner of a property, we’ll ask for your:
- Legal name
- Date of birth
- Country of birth
- Country of citizenship
- Primary residence address
If you’re a business entity that owns a property, you might also need to provide us with:
- The company’s registration information
- A certificate of incorporation
- Information about the directors, officers and authorised representatives of the company
- Information about the ultimate beneficial owners associated with the business
- If requested, documentary evidence to support this information
Currently, we’re only verifying the identities of individuals who own properties. If you’re a business entity, we’ll be in touch soon about the identification and verification process.
2. Your identity and primary residence address
We need to be able to verify your identity to confirm you are who you say you are. To do this, we'll ask you to provide the following:
- A valid passport or other government-issued ID
- A photograph of yourself (you'll be asked to upload a selfie when you onboard as a partner)
You can upload a copy of a valid ID document from your computer. Make sure the name you enter in the ‘Business representative’ field matches the name in the ID you submit.
We also need to be able to validate your primary residence address. For this, we'll ask for one of the following documents:
- A bank statement
- A credit card statement
- A recent utility bill
You can upload these documents from your computer. When uploading documents via your computer, drag and drop files into the designated area to upload them. Make sure the primary address document you upload is dated within six months. If it’s older than six months, we won’t be able to accept it.
3. Your bank details
Finally, we’ll ask you to review your bank details to ensure everything is correct and up-to-date. This enables us to match your bank details with your identity and property ownership. We’ll display the current bank details we have for you – if something is incorrect or missing, you can provide us with the accurate information in this step.
Before submitting the KYP form, we’ll show you a summary of the information you provided. Carefully review everything, as you won’t be able to edit the information after submission.
After submitting the KYP form
After submitting the KYP form, we’ll review and verify your information. We’ll send you a notification via email informing you that the KYP process is complete. At a later stage, we'll also let you know when BHFS will start processing your payments. That will be your BHFS activation date. If we need further information to complete your identification and verification process, we’ll contact you.
What happens if you don’t complete the KYP form?
There are no short-term consequences to not completing the KYP form. How your payments are currently processed will not be affected.
However, this will change in the future as we continue to scale our payment services through BHFS. That’s why we highly recommend completing the KYP form now.
How we handle your information
We’re committed to keeping you and your business safe. That’s why we employ an array of people, tools and processes to ensure your personal information is always used securely and in compliance with any applicable privacy requirements. Read more about how we handle your personal information in the BHFS Privacy Statement.
Guest Policies & Payments
- Allowing guests to book without credit card details
- Can I set up the same policies for all of my properties in one go?
- How can I set up the grace period?
- Managing my services charges
- Updating your internet, pets and parking policies
- Setting up or changing your property’s policies
- Setting up cancellation policies
- Do I supply guests with invoices?
- Accessing guests’ credit card details
- How can I set up pre-authorisation for guests’ credit cards?
- Everything you need to know about damage policy options
- Handling invalid credit cards
- How can I change my payment preferences and which credit cards I accept?
- Setting up a prepayment policy
- How do I handle guest payments?
- Everything you need to know about Strong Customer Authentication
- Can I charge credit card and/or payment fees on bookings I receive through Booking.com?
- Understanding the new cash payment feature in your Guest Payment Options
- Introducing payment services from Booking.com
- Payments: FAQs
- Understanding Payments by Booking.com
- How much Payments by Booking.com costs
- Everything you need to know about virtual credit cards
- Refunding virtual credit cards (VCCs)
- Understanding when your virtual credit cards are activated
- Card validation and fee collection solution
- Card validation and fee collection solution for connected partners
- US Payments Ranking Benefit: how extra visibility in search results works for US properties using Online Payments
- Booking Holdings Financial Services
- Activating and processing payments with Booking Holdings Financial Services
- Identifying and verifying yourself for Booking Holdings Financial Services
- Submitting a complaint about Booking Holdings Financial Services
- FAQ: Booking Holdings Financial Services
- Booking Holdings Financial Services Payments Agreement
- Booking Holdings Financial Services Privacy Statement
- Payments FAQs for property management companies in the US and Canada