Submitting a complaint about Booking Holdings Financial Services
As a BHFS customer, you have the right to share feedback and submit a complaint about the services you're dissatisfied with if you feel that BHFS has not met your expectations. Please let us know your concerns so that we can address them as quickly as possible. Whenever you raise a complaint, it’s our responsibility to investigate and resolve it.
Before submitting a complaint about BHFS, check if you’re a BHFS customer. Read this article for more information.
What’s in this article:
Raising a complaint
You can securely raise a complaint by sending us a message via your extranet inbox or calling us. Here’s how:
- Log in to the extranet
- Click on Booking.com messages, then select See contact options
- Under Property details, click on Other, then select See all contact options
- Choose Message to write to us or call us using the phone number listed
You can also raise a complaint via our dispute resolution centre
- Follow this link to our dispute resolution centre
- Enter your property ID, name and contact info, then select the topic Commercial and product related
- In the Message field, write a detailed explanation of your complaint and mention BHFS – the more information you add, the better we can understand and quickly resolve your concern
- Click Send, and a member of our team will get back to you as soon as possible
Providing us with details about your complaint
When contacting us about your complaint, please provide as much information as possible, and tell us your expected outcome. If you’re unsure about how you’d like us to resolve your concern, we’ll advise you in the best way possible.
Please include the following details in your message:
- The name you used in your BHFS Know Your Partner form
- Your property address
- A clear and concise explanation of your issue(s)
- Details on how you’d like us to help
- Attachments of any relevant letters or documents
We may need extra information from you to better understand and resolve your complaint. In this case, we’ll contact you using the phone number you have listed in your extranet.
What happens after you submit a complaint
Once submitted, we’ll do our best to resolve your complaint immediately. We always aim to address your concerns without delay, but sometimes it may take longer to investigate your case. If this is the case, here's what we'll do:
- We’ll send you a written acknowledgement of receipt of your complaint within five working days.
- We’ll provide you with the name and contact details of the person handling your complaint, and keep you informed of our progress to find you a resolution.
- We'll resolve your complaint within 15 working days. In exceptional circumstances, such as if something outside our control causes a delay, we'll email you about what we're doing to find a solution and when you can expect to hear from us. In this case, we expect to find a resolution within 35 days.
What to do if you’re unhappy with our final response
If you’re not happy with our final response – or if we’re unable to resolve your complaint within 35 working days from when you first contacted us – you can bring your concerns to your local Financial Ombudsman Service. This is a free and independent institution that settles complaints between consumers and businesses which provide financial services.
If you’re in Ireland, you can contact the Financial Services and Pensions Ombudsman (FSPO):
If you’re in Finland, you can get in touch with the Finnish Financial Ombudsman Bureau (FINE):
Partners in Belgium can contact the Financial Services and Markets Authority (FSMA):
If you’re not located in any of the countries listed – but you’re in the European Economic Area (EEA) – you can refer your complaint to an alternative dispute resolution service. You can find more information about this on the European Commission’s website.
Guest Policies & Payments
- Allowing guests to book without credit card details
- Can I set up the same policies for all of my properties in one go?
- How can I set up the grace period?
- Managing my services charges
- Updating your internet, pets and parking policies
- Setting up or changing your property’s policies
- Setting up cancellation policies
- Do I supply guests with invoices?
- Accessing guests’ credit card details
- How can I set up pre-authorisation for guests’ credit cards?
- Everything you need to know about damage policy options
- Handling invalid credit cards
- How can I change my payment preferences and which credit cards I accept?
- Setting up a prepayment policy
- How do I handle guest payments?
- Everything you need to know about Strong Customer Authentication
- Can I charge credit card and/or payment fees on bookings I receive through Booking.com?
- Understanding the new cash payment feature in your Guest Payment Options
- Introducing payment services from Booking.com
- Payments: FAQs
- Understanding Payments by Booking.com
- How much Payments by Booking.com costs
- Everything you need to know about virtual credit cards
- Refunding virtual credit cards (VCCs)
- Understanding when your virtual credit cards are activated
- Card validation and fee collection solution
- Card validation and fee collection solution for connected partners
- US Payments Ranking Benefit: how extra visibility in search results works for US properties using Online Payments
- Booking Holdings Financial Services
- Activating and processing payments with Booking Holdings Financial Services
- Identifying and verifying yourself for Booking Holdings Financial Services
- Submitting a complaint about Booking Holdings Financial Services
- FAQ: Booking Holdings Financial Services
- Booking Holdings Financial Services Payments Agreement
- Booking Holdings Financial Services Privacy Statement
- Payments FAQs for property management companies in the US and Canada