Temporary changes for virtual credit card activation date (VCC)
As a result of the unprecedented levels of disruption caused by the Coronavirus, Booking.com will refund guests who cancel their reservations under our Force Majeure conditions if they used payment methods facilitated by Booking.com.
In turn, this also means that accommodation partners such as yourself must refund the virtual credit card payout you receive from Booking.com.
What is happening?
Due to the crisis situation and in the attempt to better protect the best interest of our partners and our guests, we have decided to change the activation date of all outstanding and future virtual credit cards (VCC) to one day after check-in, with immediate effect as of 19 March 2020.
How does this change impact me?
For reservations that are not subject to Force Majeure, the following applies:
If guests honour the reservation and stay at your property, you can charge the virtual credit card one day after check-in date.
Should guests cancel their reservation after the deadline or do not show up, you are also able to charge the virtual credit card one day after the original check-in date.
For reservations that are subject to Force Majeure, guests will be allowed to cancel for free. In that case you will not charge the virtual credit card:
For all virtual credit cards with reservations made in the past, we will collectively change the activation date into ‘the day after check-in’.
Any temporary disruptions when charging your virtual credit cards will be related to this temporary change.
We know that these are very unusual times for all of us and we hope we can count on your understanding.
Guest Policies & Payments
- Setting up no-credit card details on your most flexible rate
- Can I set up the same policies for all of my properties in one go?
- How can I set up the grace period?
- How can I change the breakfast type?
- No credit card details for domestic bookers
- Managing my services charges
- Last-minute bookings without credit cards
- How can I update my property’s WiFi internet settings in the extranet?
- How can I make changes to my property's policies?
- Why are there restrictions for setting up policies?
- Can I change or add policies myself?
- What type of policies can I set up?
- How to set up standard children rates
- Setting up cancellation policies
- Making changes to your parking policies
- How can I set up ‘no credit-card details for domestic bookers’?
- How do I handle property damage by guests?
- How can I view guest credit card details using Pulse?
- Do I supply guests with invoices?
- How can I access guests’ credit card details?
- How can I set up pre-authorisation for guests’ credit cards?
- How can I set up a damage deposit?
- How do I mark a credit card as invalid?
- How can I change my payment preferences and which credit cards I accept?
- How can I make changes to deposit and pre-payment information?
- I'd like to set up a prepayment deposit. How can I do this?
- How do I handle guest payments?
- The guest hasn't paid the deposit/pre-payment. Can I cancel the booking?
- What is Strong Customer Authentication?
- Can I charge credit card and/or payment fees on bookings I receive through Booking.com?
- Can I mark credit cards as invalid in Pulse?
- Introducing payment solutions from Booking.com
- Payments - FAQs and all you need to know
- How can I join Payments by Booking.com?
- How much does it cost to use Payments by Booking.com?
- What to know about virtual credit cards (VCCs)
- Receiving bank transfer payments via Payoneer in Japan
- Temporary changes for virtual credit card activation date (VCC)
- How and when do I refund a virtual credit card (VCC) ?
- Cost savings and earlier activation dates for virtual credit cards
- Card validation and fee collection solution
- Card validation and fee collection solution for connected partners