Understanding earlier activation dates for virtual credit cards
In 2020, because of Coronavirus (COVID-19) and to protect your guests’ interests and your own, we changed the activation date of all outstanding and future virtual credit cards (VCCs) to one day after check-in. We’re now reversing this change for eligible partners.
What’s in this article:
Eligibility to the earlier activation date for VCC
We offer you VCC as a payment option to streamline the booking process for your guests. If guests choose to pay online, they can do so using their preferred payment method. We then load that payment onto a VCC that you can charge like a regular credit card. Each VCC has a specific activation date and can only be used once.
Due to the unpredictability caused by the pandemic, we temporarily changed the activation date for all VCCs to one day after check-in to help you manage cancellations and refunds due to VCCs.
We’re now reversing this change for eligible partners with an established payment track record. To be eligible, you must:
- Have processed monthly invoices on time for the last 12 months, according to payment due dates
- Have no written-off invoices from the past 12 months
- Have no property suspension due to financial reasons in the last 3 months
- Have no outstanding VCCs exceeding 60 days and requiring a guest refund
- Have six months of partnership with us, including validated guest stays and reviews
Your eligibility will be reviewed on a regular basis and we'll inform you if it's changed.
Earlier VCC activation feature
Here is how the earlier VCC activation feature works:
- Non-refundable bookings can be charged using the VCC on the day the booking is made
- Partially refundable bookings can be charged using the VCC once a booking becomes 90% non-refundable
- All other bookings can be charged using the VCC on the check-in date
We’ll continuously review your eligibility, and as long as you keep on meeting the criteria, you’ll benefit from an earlier activation date.
Guest Policies & Payments
- Setting up no-credit card details on your most flexible rate
- Can I set up the same policies for all of my properties in one go?
- How can I set up the grace period?
- How can I change the breakfast type?
- No credit card details for domestic bookers
- Managing my services charges
- Last-minute bookings without credit cards
- How can I update my property’s WiFi internet settings in the extranet?
- Why are there restrictions for setting up policies?
- Setting up or changing your property’s policies
- Setting up standard children rates
- Setting up cancellation policies
- Making changes to your parking policies
- How can I set up ‘no credit-card details for domestic bookers’?
- How do I handle property damage by guests?
- Viewing guests’ credit card details on Pulse
- Do I supply guests with invoices?
- How can I access guests’ credit card details?
- How can I set up pre-authorisation for guests’ credit cards?
- How can I set up a damage deposit?
- How do I mark a credit card as invalid?
- How can I change my payment preferences and which credit cards I accept?
- How can I make changes to deposit and pre-payment information?
- I'd like to set up a prepayment deposit. How can I do this?
- How do I handle guest payments?
- The guest hasn't paid the deposit/pre-payment. Can I cancel the booking?
- What is Strong Customer Authentication?
- Can I charge credit card and/or payment fees on bookings I receive through Booking.com?
- Can I mark credit cards as invalid in Pulse?
- How to check the status of a damage payment request
- Introducing payment solutions from Booking.com
- Payments: FAQs
- Understanding Payments by Booking.com
- How much does it cost to use Payments by Booking.com?
- Everything you need to know about virtual credit cards (VCCs)
- Refunding virtual credit cards (VCCs)
- Understanding earlier activation dates for virtual credit cards
- Card validation and fee collection solution
- Card validation and fee collection solution for connected partners
- US Payments Ranking Benefit: how extra visibility in search results works for US properties using Online Payments
- Booking Holdings Financial Services
- Activating and processing payments with Booking Holdings Financial Services
- Identifying and verifying yourself for Booking Holdings Financial Services
- Submitting a complaint about Booking Holdings Financial Services
- FAQ: Booking Holdings Financial Services
- Booking Holdings Financial Services Payments Agreement
- Booking Holdings Financial Services Privacy Statement
- Payments FAQs for property management companies in the US
- TEMPLATE: EXAMPLE FAQ/ACCORDIONS W/ TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Clone of Payments: FAQs