Understanding Payments by Booking.com
Payments by Booking.com is a solution that facilitates all guest payments for you according to your preferred policy. Depending on your property’s payment settings, you’ll receive payouts by bank transfer for all your reservations made on our platform.
Since 1 June 2019, we apply a charge to Payments by Booking.com to cover the costs associated with facilitating payments on your behalf.
What’s in this article:
Seeing if you’re eligible for or active on Payments by Booking.com
Here’s how to find out if your property is active or eligible for Payments by Booking.com:
- Log in to the extranet and click on Finance.
- If the Getting paid option appears in the drop-down menu, it means you’re already active on Payments by Booking.com. Click on it to learn more.
- If you see the Payments by Booking.com option, you’re eligible for the service, but it’s not yet active. To activate it, select the option and click on Yes, sign me up now at the bottom of the page.
- If neither the Getting paid nor the Payments by Booking.com options appear in the drop-down menu, your property isn’t active or eligible for this service.
Managing payments if you’re not eligible for Payments by Booking.com
If your property isn’t eligible for Payments by Booking.com, you’ll need to manage your guests' payments yourself:
- If you accept credit cards, you can either charge your guest before arrival or upon arrival/departure, depending on their reservation policy.
- If you don’t accept credit cards, your guest can pay upon arrival or departure in your local currency. If you want to charge a prepayment or damage deposit, you’ll need to contact the guest to decide on a payment deadline and arrange it yourself.
For tips on how to set your payment preferences correctly, take a look at this article.
Opting out of Payments by Booking.com
You can opt out of Payments by Booking.com by doing the following:
- Log in to the extranet
- Click on Finance, then Getting paid
- Click on Want to deactivate Payments by Booking.com? and follow the steps to proceed with the deactivation
- Click on Yes, deactivate to confirm your changes
Once you’ve deactivated Payments by Booking.com, you’ll have to pay the commission proactively at the end of the month. To find out more about commission payments, read this article.
If you still have some pending payouts, you’ll receive your final payouts as gross bank transfer payouts, not net payouts. You can view your remaining balance on your Payout information page in the extranet by doing the following:
- In the extranet, click on Finance
- Click on Payout info
Guest Policies & Payments
- Setting up no-credit card details on your most flexible rate
- Can I set up the same policies for all of my properties in one go?
- How can I set up the grace period?
- How can I change the breakfast type?
- No credit card details for domestic bookers
- Managing my services charges
- Last-minute bookings without credit cards
- Updating your property’s internet, parking and pets policies in the extranet
- Why are there restrictions for setting up policies?
- Setting up or changing your property’s policies
- Setting up standard children rates
- Setting up cancellation policies
- Making changes to your parking policies
- How can I set up ‘no credit-card details for domestic bookers’?
- How do I handle property damage by guests?
- Viewing guests’ credit card details on Pulse
- Do I supply guests with invoices?
- How can I access guests’ credit card details?
- How can I set up pre-authorisation for guests’ credit cards?
- How can I set up a damage deposit?
- How do I mark a credit card as invalid?
- How can I change my payment preferences and which credit cards I accept?
- How can I make changes to deposit and pre-payment information?
- I'd like to set up a prepayment deposit. How can I do this?
- How do I handle guest payments?
- The guest hasn't paid the deposit/pre-payment. Can I cancel the booking?
- What is Strong Customer Authentication?
- Can I charge credit card and/or payment fees on bookings I receive through Booking.com?
- Can I mark credit cards as invalid in Pulse?
- How to check the status of a damage payment request
- Introducing payment solutions from Booking.com
- Payments: FAQs
- Understanding Payments by Booking.com
- How much does it cost to use Payments by Booking.com?
- Everything you need to know about virtual credit cards (VCCs)
- Refunding virtual credit cards (VCCs)
- Understanding earlier activation dates for virtual credit cards
- Card validation and fee collection solution
- Card validation and fee collection solution for connected partners
- US Payments Ranking Benefit: how extra visibility in search results works for US properties using Online Payments
- Booking Holdings Financial Services
- Activating and processing payments with Booking Holdings Financial Services
- Identifying and verifying yourself for Booking Holdings Financial Services
- Submitting a complaint about Booking Holdings Financial Services
- FAQ: Booking Holdings Financial Services
- Booking Holdings Financial Services Payments Agreement
- Booking Holdings Financial Services Privacy Statement
- Payments FAQs for property management companies in the US
- TEMPLATE: EXAMPLE FAQ/ACCORDIONS W/ TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Payments: FAQs