US Payments Ranking Benefit: how extra visibility in search results works for US properties using Online Payments
By using our Online Payments service, you can benefit from guaranteed payments when you’re owed money and protection against lost revenue because of invalid credit cards. For guests, Online Payments also makes the booking process easier and clearer, with no unexpected charges and the flexibility to book with their payment method of choice.
In addition, if you use Online Payments you can increase your visibility in search results on our platform. Here’s what you need to know about getting additional visibility in search results if you sign up for Online Payments.
How extra visibility with Online Payments works
Participation in Online Payments will be added as a new parameter that influences the ranking of your property on our platform. This means that if you use Online Payments, you’ll get additional visibility in search results. More guests seeing your property could lead to an average of 10% more bookings compared to properties not using the service – which means increased year-round revenue for you on our platform. Keep in mind that the extra visibility is currently only available for properties located in the United States.
Even more visibility if you also use our other programmes
The extra visibility will work with our other partner programmes, such as Genius and Preferred. This means that if you already participate in Genius or Preferred, you’ll continue to receive the same visibility benefits from those programmes, with extra visibility on top. In addition, you will still be able to benefit from our Sponsored Ads service and your property listing will be featured in the second position in search results if you win the auction.
Opting out of Online Payments
If you choose to opt out of our Online Payments service, you won’t be able to benefit from the extra visibility received.
Guest Policies & Payments
- Setting up no-credit card details on your most flexible rate
- Can I set up the same policies for all of my properties in one go?
- How can I set up the grace period?
- How can I change the breakfast type?
- No credit card details for domestic bookers
- Managing my services charges
- Last-minute bookings without credit cards
- How can I update my property’s WiFi internet settings in the extranet?
- How can I make changes to my property's policies?
- Why are there restrictions for setting up policies?
- Can I change or add policies myself?
- What type of policies can I set up?
- How to set up standard children rates
- Setting up cancellation policies
- Making changes to your parking policies
- How can I set up ‘no credit-card details for domestic bookers’?
- How do I handle property damage by guests?
- How can I view guest credit card details using Pulse?
- Do I supply guests with invoices?
- How can I access guests’ credit card details?
- How can I set up pre-authorisation for guests’ credit cards?
- How can I set up a damage deposit?
- How do I mark a credit card as invalid?
- How can I change my payment preferences and which credit cards I accept?
- How can I make changes to deposit and pre-payment information?
- I'd like to set up a prepayment deposit. How can I do this?
- How do I handle guest payments?
- The guest hasn't paid the deposit/pre-payment. Can I cancel the booking?
- What is Strong Customer Authentication?
- Can I charge credit card and/or payment fees on bookings I receive through Booking.com?
- Can I mark credit cards as invalid in Pulse?
- How to check the status of a damage payment request
- Introducing payment solutions from Booking.com
- Payments: FAQs
- How can I join Payments by Booking.com?
- How much does it cost to use Payments by Booking.com?
- Everything you need to know about virtual credit cards (VCCs)
- Receiving bank transfer payments via Payoneer in Japan
- Refunding virtual credit cards (VCCs)
- Cost savings and earlier activation dates for virtual credit cards
- Card validation and fee collection solution
- Card validation and fee collection solution for connected partners
- US Payments Ranking Benefit: how extra visibility in search results works for US properties using Online Payments
- Booking Holdings Financial Services
- Activating and processing payments with Booking Holdings Financial Services
- Identifying and verifying yourself for Booking Holdings Financial Services
- Submitting a complaint about Booking Holdings Financial Services
- FAQ: Booking Holdings Financial Services
- Booking Holdings Financial Services Payments Agreement
- Booking Holdings Financial Services Privacy Statement
- Payments FAQ: US Home Property Management Companies