Allowing guests to book without credit card details
Sometimes, your guests may not want to enter their credit card details, especially on a mobile device. Requiring credit card details may cause you to miss out on potential reservations. Attract more guests by allowing them to book without giving their credit card details.
Activating credit card exceptions
By activating credit card exceptions, your guests can book a room or unit without entering their credit card details. To enable this policy, follow these steps:
- Log in to the extranet
- Under Property, click Policies
- In the Other policies section, under Credit card exceptions, click Edit
- Choose the type of guests you want to allow to book without a credit card
- Click Save
You can activate credit card exceptions for three types of guests:
Domestic bookers – increase your chances of receiving reservations from local guests by offering them the option to book without a credit card. To protect you, only guests with no overlapping reservations qualify for this.
Last-minute bookers – fill empty rooms or units by allowing guests to book on the same or next day. They’re more likely to book and less likely to cancel.
Short-notice bookers – Decide for yourself how far in advance guests can book without a credit card.
Guest Policies & Payments
- Allowing guests to book without credit card details
- Can I set up the same policies for all of my properties in one go?
- How can I set up the grace period?
- Managing my services charges
- Updating your internet, pets and parking policies
- Setting up or changing your property’s policies
- Setting up cancellation policies
- Do I supply guests with invoices?
- Accessing guests’ credit card details
- How can I set up pre-authorisation for guests’ credit cards?
- Everything you need to know about damage policy options
- Handling invalid credit cards
- How can I change my payment preferences and which credit cards I accept?
- Setting up a prepayment policy
- How do I handle guest payments?
- Everything you need to know about Strong Customer Authentication
- Can I charge credit card and/or payment fees on bookings I receive through Booking.com?
- Understanding the new cash payment feature in your Guest Payment Options
- Introducing payment services from Booking.com
- Payments: FAQs
- Understanding Payments by Booking.com
- How much Payments by Booking.com costs
- Everything you need to know about virtual credit cards
- Refunding virtual credit cards (VCCs)
- Understanding when your virtual credit cards are activated
- Card validation and fee collection solution
- Card validation and fee collection solution for connected partners
- US Payments Ranking Benefit: how extra visibility in search results works for US properties using Online Payments
- Booking Holdings Financial Services
- Activating and processing payments with Booking Holdings Financial Services
- Identifying and verifying yourself for Booking Holdings Financial Services
- Submitting a complaint about Booking Holdings Financial Services
- FAQ: Booking Holdings Financial Services
- Booking Holdings Financial Services Payments Agreement
- Booking Holdings Financial Services Privacy Statement
- Payments FAQs for property management companies in the US and Canada