How can I set up ‘no credit-card details for domestic bookers’?
Allowing guests from your country to book without a credit card can have benefits for you as well as them.
By setting up the ‘no credit-card details for domestic bookers’ feature, you can increase your stayed bookings by an average of 5%.
For your guests, it keeps the booking process quick and seamless for those who don’t have a credit card or don’t want to use one. As well as improving their experience, you’ll increase your visibility among guests who are searching specifically for properties that offer this feature.
NOTE: This feature will be applied to all your room types and rates.
How will adding this feature affect my cancellations and no-shows?
We know that cancellations and no-shows can cause major hassle for you. So we’ve made improvements to the ‘no credit-card details for domestic bookers’ feature, to help you attract the right customers for your property:
- To be able to book without a credit card, guests must be logged in with their Booking.com account.
- To avoid misuse of this feature, guests can’t book without a credit card when they’ve already got an upcoming reservation with Booking.com with the same check-in and check-out dates.
Do you want to set up bookings without credit card details?
To activate this, visit the Opportunity Centre, find the opportunity and click on ‘Take action’.
If you don’t see this option in your Opportunity Centre, just follow the steps below:
- Log on to the extranet and click on the ‘Property’ tab.
- Select ‘Policies’, then scroll down to ‘Guest payment options’.Click on ‘Change/Add details’ to switch the ‘no credit card needed’ option on or off.
- Click ‘Save’ at the bottom of the page when you’re done.
Guest Policies & Payments
- How can I set up no-credit card details on my most flexible rate?
- Can I set up the same policies for all of my properties in one go?
- How do I attach a new cancellation policy to a rate?
- How can I set up the grace period?
- How can I change the breakfast type?
- How to waive fees with the Cancellation Fee Exceptions tool
- No credit card details for domestic bookers
- Managing my services charges
- Last-minute bookings without credit cards
- How can I update my property’s WiFi internet settings in the extranet?
- How can I make changes to my property's policies?
- Why are there restrictions for setting up policies?
- Can I change or add policies myself?
- What type of policies can I set up?
- How to set up policies, rooms, rates and facilities for children
- How can I change cancellation policies?
- Making changes to your parking policies
- How can I set up ‘no credit-card details for domestic bookers’?
- How do I handle property damage by guests?
- How can I view guest credit card details using Pulse?
- Do I supply guests with invoices?
- How can I access guests’ credit card details?
- How can I set up pre-authorisation for guests’ credit cards?
- How can I set up a damage deposit?
- How do I mark a credit card as invalid?
- How can I change my payment preferences and which credit cards I accept?
- How can I make changes to deposit and pre-payment information?
- I'd like to set up a prepayment deposit. How can I do this?
- How do I handle guest payments?
- The guest hasn't paid the deposit/pre-payment. Can I cancel the booking?
- What is Strong Customer Authentication?
- Can I charge credit card and/or payment fees on bookings I receive through Booking.com?
- Can I mark credit cards as invalid in Pulse?
- Introducing payment solutions from Booking.com
- Payments - FAQs and all you need to know
- How can I join Payments by Booking.com?
- How much does it cost to use Payments by Booking.com?
- What to know about virtual credit cards (VCCs)
- Receiving bank transfer payments via Payoneer in Japan
- Temporary changes for virtual credit card activation date (VCC)
- How and when do I refund a virtual credit card (VCC) ?
- Cost savings and earlier activation dates for virtual credit cards