How can I set up the grace period?
A grace period is a pre-defined period of time that allows guests to change a booking without being penalised with a fee. For instance, if a guest makes a genuine error when booking, e.g. wrong room, rate, date or number of guests.
In cases of genuine error,
You can set up a grace period of 24 hours after a booking has been made. Just follow the steps below:
- Log on to your extranet and click on the ‘Property’ tab.
- Select ‘Policies’.
- Scroll down and click ‘Cancellation exceptions’, then ‘Change/add details’.
- Select your preferences and click ‘Save’ when you’re done.
Note: Don’t worry, setting up a 24-hour grace period won’t affect your 48-hour last-minute booking window.
Guest Policies & Payments
- Allowing guests to book without credit card details
- Can I set up the same policies for all of my properties in one go?
- How can I set up the grace period?
- Managing my services charges
- Updating your internet, pets and parking policies
- Setting up or changing your property’s policies
- Setting up cancellation policies
- Do I supply guests with invoices?
- Accessing guests’ credit card details
- How can I set up pre-authorisation for guests’ credit cards?
- Everything you need to know about damage policy options
- Handling invalid credit cards
- How can I change my payment preferences and which credit cards I accept?
- Setting up a prepayment policy
- How do I handle guest payments?
- Everything you need to know about Strong Customer Authentication
- Understanding the new cash payment feature in your Guest Payment Options
- Payments: FAQs
- Introducing payment services from Booking.com
- Payments by Booking.com: FAQs
- Understanding Payments by Booking.com
- How much Payments by Booking.com costs
- Everything you need to know about virtual credit cards
- Refunding virtual credit cards (VCCs)
- Understanding when your virtual credit cards are activated
- Card validation and fee collection solution
- Card validation and fee collection solution for connected partners
- US Payments Ranking Benefit: how extra visibility in search results works for US properties using Payments by Booking.com
- Booking Holdings Financial Services
- Activating and processing payments with Booking Holdings Financial Services
- Identifying and verifying property owners for Booking Holdings Financial Services
- Submitting a complaint about Booking Holdings Financial Services
- FAQ: Booking Holdings Financial Services
- Booking Holdings Financial Services Payments Agreement
- Payments FAQs for property management companies in the US and Canada