How can I set up no-credit card details on my most flexible rate?
Note: Depending on your location and extranet settings, this feature may not be visible yet.
Increase your stayed bookings when allowing guests to book without a credit card and with a free, flexible, same-day cancelation policy.
We’ve found that a lot of guests start booking a room but abandon the process when they need to enter their credit card details – particularly when booking with a mobile device.
Taking that step out of the process makes booking a room easier, and can increase your bookings. If you already offer a flexible, same-day cancellation policy, you can give guests extra flexibility by applying this feature to that policy.
When a guest books a room at your property with a no-credit-card flexible cancellation policy, they have the option to book without entering their credit card details. If the guest chooses to book without credit card details, they will have a check-in deadline.
This check-in deadline is the time at which the free cancellation period ends, according to your flexible cancellation policy. Guests booking without credit card details must check in before the deadline, otherwise you can cancel the reservation and re-sell the room.
About the Super-flexible setting
This setting is available to properties that have a flexible, same-day free cancellation policy in place.
To protect you against cancellations, only guests from the EU or Switzerland will see this feature. That’s because statistically, they have a lower cancellation and no-show rate than guests from the rest of the world.
For further protection against cancellations, guests who already have other reservations for the same dates won’t see this feature either.
This setting also includes a check-in deadline that matches your policy, so that you have the option to resell the room if the guest cancels or doesn’t show up.
Also, we won’t stop the guest from entering their credit card details if they choose to. In fact, around 75% of guests who see this option will choose to enter their details anyway.
To activate this setting, your property needs:
- To be located within the EU or Switzerland
- To have a super-flexible policy active (free cancellation until 18:00, 16:00 or 14:00 on day of check-in)
- To require credit cards for bookings
If you don’t see this option in your Opportunity Centre, just follow the steps below:
1.) Log in to the extranet and click on the ‘Property’ tab.
2.) Select ‘Policies’ and under ‘Credit card exceptions’, click on ‘Edit’ to switch the option to book without a credit card on or off.
3.) Click ‘Save’ at the bottom of the page when you’re done.
Guest Policies & Payments
- How can I set up no-credit card details on my most flexible rate?
- Can I set up the same policies for all of my properties in one go?
- How do I attach a new cancellation policy to a rate?
- How can I set up the grace period?
- How can I change the breakfast type?
- How to waive fees with the Cancellation Fee Exceptions tool
- No credit card details for domestic bookers
- Managing my services charges
- Last-minute bookings without credit cards
- How can I update my property’s WiFi internet settings in the extranet?
- How can I make changes to my property's policies?
- Why are there restrictions for setting up policies?
- Can I change or add policies myself?
- What type of policies can I set up?
- How to set up policies, rooms, rates and facilities for children
- How can I change cancellation policies?
- Making changes to your parking policies
- How can I set up ‘no credit-card details for domestic bookers’?
- How do I handle property damage by guests?
- How can I view guest credit card details using Pulse?
- Do I supply guests with invoices?
- How can I access guests’ credit card details?
- How can I set up pre-authorisation for guests’ credit cards?
- How can I set up a damage deposit?
- How do I mark a credit card as invalid?
- How can I change my payment preferences and which credit cards I accept?
- How can I make changes to deposit and pre-payment information?
- I'd like to set up a prepayment deposit. How can I do this?
- How do I handle guest payments?
- The guest hasn't paid the deposit/pre-payment. Can I cancel the booking?
- What is Strong Customer Authentication?
- Can I charge credit card and/or payment fees on bookings I receive through Booking.com?
- Can I mark credit cards as invalid in Pulse?
- Introducing payment solutions from Booking.com
- Payments - FAQs and all you need to know
- How can I join Payments by Booking.com?
- How much does it cost to use Payments by Booking.com?
- What to know about virtual credit cards (VCCs)
- Receiving bank transfer payments via Payoneer in Japan
- Temporary changes for virtual credit card activation date (VCC)
- How and when do I refund a virtual credit card (VCC) ?
- Cost savings and earlier activation dates for virtual credit cards
- Card validation and fee collection solution
- Card validation and fee collection solution for connected partners