Setting up cancellation policies
Setting up cancellation policies allows you to let guests know what to expect if they cancel or change their booking. It can also help protect you from a potential loss of income.
To set up a cancellation policy, you first need to create the policy and then connect it to one or more of your Rate Plans. Keep in mind that the new policy will only apply to bookings you receive after you set it up.
How to create a new cancellation policy
- Log in to the extranet
- Click on Property and then click on Policies
- Click on Create new cancellation policy next to the policy you want to adjust
- Select whether you want to offer a free cancellation period, and if so how long before arrival the guest can cancel for free
- Specify how much you’ll charge the guest for cancelling after the free cancellation period ends (or if there’s no free cancellation period) or if they don’t show up
- Click on Save
How to connect a cancellation policy to a Rate Plan
After you create a new cancellation policy, you need to connect it to a Rate Plan so that it appears to travellers looking to book a stay at your property. Here’s how to do it:
- Log in to the extranet
- Click on Rates & Availability and then click on Rate Plans
- Click on the Rate Plan you want to connect your new cancellation policy to and then click on Edit
- Under Policy, click on Edit
- Select the cancellation policy you want to connect to the Rate Plan and then click on Save
- Click on Apply changes
Guest Policies & Payments
- Setting up no-credit card details on your most flexible rate
- Can I set up the same policies for all of my properties in one go?
- How can I set up the grace period?
- How can I change the breakfast type?
- No credit card details for domestic bookers
- Managing my services charges
- Last-minute bookings without credit cards
- How can I update my property’s WiFi internet settings in the extranet?
- How can I make changes to my property's policies?
- Why are there restrictions for setting up policies?
- Can I change or add policies myself?
- What type of policies can I set up?
- How to set up policies, rooms, rates and facilities for children
- Setting up cancellation policies
- Making changes to your parking policies
- How can I set up ‘no credit-card details for domestic bookers’?
- How do I handle property damage by guests?
- How can I view guest credit card details using Pulse?
- Do I supply guests with invoices?
- How can I access guests’ credit card details?
- How can I set up pre-authorisation for guests’ credit cards?
- How can I set up a damage deposit?
- How do I mark a credit card as invalid?
- How can I change my payment preferences and which credit cards I accept?
- How can I make changes to deposit and pre-payment information?
- I'd like to set up a prepayment deposit. How can I do this?
- How do I handle guest payments?
- The guest hasn't paid the deposit/pre-payment. Can I cancel the booking?
- What is Strong Customer Authentication?
- Can I charge credit card and/or payment fees on bookings I receive through Booking.com?
- Can I mark credit cards as invalid in Pulse?
- Introducing payment solutions from Booking.com
- Payments - FAQs and all you need to know
- How can I join Payments by Booking.com?
- How much does it cost to use Payments by Booking.com?
- What to know about virtual credit cards (VCCs)
- Receiving bank transfer payments via Payoneer in Japan
- Temporary changes for virtual credit card activation date (VCC)
- How and when do I refund a virtual credit card (VCC) ?
- Cost savings and earlier activation dates for virtual credit cards
- Card validation and fee collection solution
- Card validation and fee collection solution for connected partners