Setting up no-credit card details on your most flexible rate
A lot of guests start booking a room but abandon the process when they’re asked to enter their credit card details – particularly when booking on a mobile device. Removing that step from the process can help increase your bookings.
If you already offer a flexible, same-day free cancellation policy, you can give guests extra flexibility by activating the Super-flexible setting. This allows guests to book rooms or units with a flexible, same-day free cancellation policy without a credit card.
What’s in this article
Understanding the Super-flexible setting
When this setting is active, a guest booking a room or unit with a flexible, same-day free cancellation policy will have the option of booking without entering their credit card details. If the guest opts to do this, they will have a check-in deadline. This is when the free cancellation period ends, according to your flexible cancellation policy. Guests booking without credit card details must check in before the deadline, otherwise you can cancel the reservation. Guests still have the option of entering their credit card details if they prefer to – in fact around 75% of guests who see this option still choose to enter their details.
This setting is available to properties that have a flexible, same-day free cancellation policy in place, and which require a credit card to book. This feature is only visible to guests in the EU or Switzerland who don’t already have other reservations for the same dates. This is to protect against cancellations – statistically, these areas have a lower cancellation and no-show rate than other parts of the world.
Setting up the Super-flexible setting
If you’re located in the EU or Switzerland, have a flexible, same-day free cancellation policy set up and require credit cards for booking, you should be able to see the Super-flexible setting in the Opportunity Centre of your extranet.
If not, you can activate it by following these steps:
- Log in to the extranet
- Click Property and then select Policies
- Under Credit card exceptions, click Edit
- Select which type of bookers you’re willing to accept bookings without a credit card from
Guest Policies & Payments
- Setting up no-credit card details on your most flexible rate
- Can I set up the same policies for all of my properties in one go?
- How do I attach a new cancellation policy to a rate?
- How can I set up the grace period?
- How can I change the breakfast type?
- How to waive fees with the Cancellation Fee Exceptions tool
- No credit card details for domestic bookers
- Managing my services charges
- Last-minute bookings without credit cards
- How can I update my property’s WiFi internet settings in the extranet?
- How can I make changes to my property's policies?
- Why are there restrictions for setting up policies?
- Can I change or add policies myself?
- What type of policies can I set up?
- How to set up policies, rooms, rates and facilities for children
- How can I change cancellation policies?
- Making changes to your parking policies
- How can I set up ‘no credit-card details for domestic bookers’?
- How do I handle property damage by guests?
- How can I view guest credit card details using Pulse?
- Do I supply guests with invoices?
- How can I access guests’ credit card details?
- How can I set up pre-authorisation for guests’ credit cards?
- How can I set up a damage deposit?
- How do I mark a credit card as invalid?
- How can I change my payment preferences and which credit cards I accept?
- How can I make changes to deposit and pre-payment information?
- I'd like to set up a prepayment deposit. How can I do this?
- How do I handle guest payments?
- The guest hasn't paid the deposit/pre-payment. Can I cancel the booking?
- What is Strong Customer Authentication?
- Can I charge credit card and/or payment fees on bookings I receive through Booking.com?
- Can I mark credit cards as invalid in Pulse?
- Introducing payment solutions from Booking.com
- Payments - FAQs and all you need to know
- How can I join Payments by Booking.com?
- How much does it cost to use Payments by Booking.com?
- What to know about virtual credit cards (VCCs)
- Receiving bank transfer payments via Payoneer in Japan
- Temporary changes for virtual credit card activation date (VCC)
- How and when do I refund a virtual credit card (VCC) ?
- Cost savings and earlier activation dates for virtual credit cards
- Card validation and fee collection solution
- Card validation and fee collection solution for connected partners