Setting up or changing your property’s policies
Policies are rules and guidelines about reservations, payments, cancellations and house rules. We’ve created a page in the extranet to help you set up your policies.
The policies you choose are up to you, but we do offer a set of standard options, in order to maintain clear and consistent guest policies across our platform.
How to create a policy
You can set up or change your property’s policies. Here’s how:
- Log in to the extranet
- Click on Property
- Go to Policies
On this page, you can choose between the following categories:
- Cancellation and prepayment policies
- Modification and cancellation exceptions
- Children and extra beds
- Other policies
Click Edit below the policy you wish to set up or change, then follow the steps.
How to create a temporary policy exception
Follow these steps to create a temporary policy exception:
- Log in to the extranet
- Click on Property and then click on Policies
Go to the Create temporary policy exceptions and click on Edit
Guest Policies & Payments
- Allowing guests to book without credit card details
- Can I set up the same policies for all of my properties in one go?
- How can I set up the grace period?
- Managing my services charges
- Updating your internet, pets and parking policies
- Setting up or changing your property’s policies
- Setting up cancellation policies
- Do I supply guests with invoices?
- Accessing guests’ credit card details
- How can I set up pre-authorisation for guests’ credit cards?
- Everything you need to know about damage policy options
- Handling invalid credit cards
- How can I change my payment preferences and which credit cards I accept?
- Setting up a prepayment policy
- How do I handle guest payments?
- Everything you need to know about Strong Customer Authentication
- Understanding the new cash payment feature in your Guest Payment Options
- Payments: FAQs
- Introducing payment services from Booking.com
- Payments by Booking.com: FAQs
- Understanding Payments by Booking.com
- How much Payments by Booking.com costs
- Everything you need to know about virtual credit cards
- Refunding virtual credit cards (VCCs)
- Understanding when your virtual credit cards are activated
- Card validation and fee collection solution
- Card validation and fee collection solution for connected partners
- US Payments Ranking Benefit: how extra visibility in search results works for US properties using Payments by Booking.com
- Booking Holdings Financial Services
- Activating and processing payments with Booking Holdings Financial Services
- Identifying and verifying property owners for Booking Holdings Financial Services
- Submitting a complaint about Booking Holdings Financial Services
- FAQ: Booking Holdings Financial Services
- Booking Holdings Financial Services Payments Agreement
- Payments FAQs for property management companies in the US and Canada