Adding, changing and updating my contact details
Keeping your contact details up to date can help you keep in better contact with Booking.com.
You can add, change, or delete your contact information – such as email addresses, mobile phone numbers, the names of any points of contact – via extranet.
Logging into the extranet requires two-factor authentication. This is why we send a PIN verification number to the phone number specified on the Security page anytime you try to log in. Keep in mind that we’ll only send PIN verification numbers to the phone number added – and verified – on the Security page.
What’s in this article
Adding a new contact
If you want to add a new point to your account, you can do so by following these steps:
- Log in to the extranet
- Click on Account, then select Contacts
- Select the relevant contact type and click Add contact
- Fill in the contact person’s details, then click Save changes
Changing your contact information
1. Log in to the extranet
2. Click Account, then select Contacts
3. Click Edit to change any of the existing details
4. Click Save changes to finalise
Adding a verified phone number
You have two phone numbers associated with your Booking.com account. The first is the phone number that we use to get in touch with you – you add this on the Account details page in the extranet. The second is a verified phone number, which we use to send you PIN verifications numbers when you log in to your Booking.com account. We verify this number to ensure that it really belongs to you and that it's secure. We do this by email.
If you’d like to add an additional verified phone number, follow these steps.
- Log in to the extranet
- Click on Account and then select Security
- Click on Add new number on the right side of the page and enter the new phone number
- Select whether you want this phone number to receive text messages and phone calls or phone calls only
- Click on Verify number – an email with a verification code will be sent to you
- Open the verification email and click on Approve to finalise
The importance of multiple contact types
Adding multiple contact types, such as email addresses, phone numbers and additional points of contact, can help you and Booking.com keep in better contact with each other. This, in turn, can contribute to better guest experiences and higher review scores.
If your property’s managed by several people, it can be useful to add multiple contacts based on their functions and responsibilities. This will ensure that each point of contact receives only relevant communications. For example, in addition to the primary point of contact, you can select:
- Reservations for the contact who manages reservations, is in direct line with the Customer Service and would like to receive message notifications
- Invoices for the contact responsible for your property’s administration, payments, and invoices
- Contracts for the contact in charge of contracts and legal updates
- Pricing for the contact who manages your property’s performance
What contact information is shared with guests
We only share the contact details of your primary point of contact with guests in their booking confirmation. To protect both you and your guests’ privacy, we provide anonymous alias email addresses.
Your property page content
- How can I create the perfect property page?
- How to change or update your property address
- Adding, changing and updating my contact details
- Changing your property description
- How can I update my property's facilities?
- How can I add information to ‘The fine print'?
- How can I change information about my internet connection?
- How to rename your property listing title
- How can I change my position on the map?
- Letting guests know when a facility is temporarily closed
- All you need to know about quality ratings
- How do I get my property’s map coordinates from Google Maps?
- How to show guests what I do to protect them in regard to coronavirus?
- Updating your sustainability practices
- Guest Q&A feature
- Displaying cleanliness measures
- What is the Work-Friendly Programme?
- How to update check-in services
- Optimising the traveller search experience to boost visibility
- Using the Room differentiation tool or Unit differentiation tool to generate more high-value bookings
- Updating your swimming pool facility details
- Updating your property page
- Travel Sustainable: FAQs
- Room or Unit differentiation tool: FAQs
- What photos do I need for my home, apartment or holiday rental?
- What photos do I need to attract more families to my property?
- What photos do I need for my hotel?
- What are guest-generated photos?
- How do I add, change and update my photos?
- How do I rotate photos?
- Why are some photos not showing on my page?
- How to take better photos of your property
- How can I add photos of specific rooms or units?
- How can I tag my photos?
- Understanding the smart ordering feature
- How can I change my main photo?
- How can I change the order of my photos?
- How can I delete a photo?