Guest Q&A feature
Highlight: A recently released feature allows guests to directly ask partners any questions they might have before they book. These questions will be displayed in property pages, along with the answers supplied by partners.
What is the guest Q&A feature about?
Launched in order to help partners answer any questions guests may have with an added level of proactivity, this Q&A feature gives properties on Booking.com the opportunity to answer any questions or concerns that might not be covered as part of their descriptions. These include, but are not limited to, safety, health, and hygiene.
How does it work?
Once published, Q&As can be up/downvoted by any Booking.com guest browsing through the listing where the Q&A exists. As a result, the most popular Q&As (the ones with most upvotes) appear first. This not only helps current guests book properties with added reassurance, but helps future guests make better-informed decisions about which properties they would like to book.
All Q&As go through moderation before them being published - and questions must be written in a language spoken by the partner in order to be accepted. In situations where this is best, partners continue to have the option of replying privately to guests. And should any Q&As become out of date or irrelevant, partners can remove them freely.
Note: this feature can be used by all Booking.com guests before booking their stay; it is not part of the normal reservation-focused messaging process.
Can all Booking.com partners use this feature?
All Booking.com accommodation partners can use this feature. In order to opt-out, partners must navigate to their Inbox tab in the extranet, where they can find ‘Guest Q&A preferences’ in the ‘Questions for your property’ section.
Your property page content
- Changing your property address and map coordinates
- Adding and updating my contact details
- Changing your property description or room details
- Updating your property’s facilities
- What is ‘The fine print' and how to add information to it
- Renaming your property listing title
- Letting guests know when a facility is temporarily closed
- Everything about quality ratings: FAQs
- Informing guests about protective measures against coronavirus
- Updating your sustainability practices
- Guest Q&A feature
- Displaying cleanliness measures
- What is the Work-Friendly Programme?
- How to update check-in services
- Optimising the traveller search experience to boost visibility
- Using the Room or Unit differentiation tool for more high-value bookings
- Updating your property page
- Travel Sustainable: FAQs
- Room or Unit differentiation tool for accommodation partners: FAQs