Guest Q&A feature
Highlight: A recently released feature allows guests to directly ask partners any questions they might have before they book. These questions will be displayed in property pages, along with the answers supplied by partners.
What is the guest Q&A feature about?
Launched in order to help partners answer any questions guests may have with an added level of proactivity, this Q&A feature gives properties on Booking.com the opportunity to answer any questions or concerns that might not be covered as part of their descriptions. These include, but are not limited to, safety, health, and hygiene.
How does it work?
Once published, Q&As can be up/downvoted by any Booking.com guest browsing through the listing where the Q&A exists. As a result, the most popular Q&As (the ones with most upvotes) appear first. This not only helps current guests book properties with added reassurance, but helps future guests make better-informed decisions about which properties they would like to book.
All Q&As go through moderation before them being published - and questions must be written in a language spoken by the partner in order to be accepted. In situations where this is best, partners continue to have the option of replying privately to guests. And should any Q&As become out of date or irrelevant, partners can remove them freely.
Note: this feature can be used by all Booking.com guests before booking their stay; it is not part of the normal reservation-focused messaging process.
Can all Booking.com partners use this feature?
All Booking.com accommodation partners can use this feature. In order to opt-out, partners must navigate to their Inbox tab in the extranet, where they can find ‘Guest Q&A preferences’ in the ‘Questions for your property’ section.
Your property page content
- How can I create the perfect property page?
- How to change or update your property address
- How can I change my contact details?
- Changing your property description
- How can I update my property's facilities?
- How can I add information to ‘The fine print'?
- How can I change information about my internet connection?
- How to rename your property listing title
- How can I change my position on the map?
- All you need to know about the Quality Rating for home and apartment-like properties
- How do I get my property’s map coordinates from Google Maps?
- How to show guests what I do to protect them in regard to coronavirus?
- Updating your sustainability practices
- Guest Q&A feature
- Displaying cleanliness measures
- What is the Work-Friendly Programme?
- How to update check-in services
- Optimising the traveller search experience to boost visibility
- Updating your swimming pool facility details
- What photos do I need for my home, apartment or holiday rental?
- What photos do I need to attract more families to my property?
- What photos do I need for my hotel?
- What are guest-generated photos?
- How do I add, change and update my photos?
- How do I rotate photos?
- Why are some photos not showing on my page?
- How to take better photos of your property
- How can I add photos of specific rooms or units?
- How can I tag my photos?
- Why is the order of photos different on my property page and the extranet?
- How can I change my main photo?
- How can I change the order of my photos?
- How can I delete a photo?
- How to let your guests know when a facility is temporarily closed?