How to let your guests know when a facility is temporarily closed?
Have a facility closed for renovation or throughout a specific time of the year? Let your potential guests know via “Temporary closure of facilities".
If one of the facilities at your property is temporarily closed, it’s important that people know about it. Otherwise guests could book with you thinking that they’ll have access to a swimming pool, for example – and get an unpleasant surprise when they find it closed. This can then negatively impact your review score.
You can include the dates of temporary closure of a facility, and that information will be displayed on your property page, next to the facility in question. This information will only be visible to guests who enter dates that overlap with the dates that your facility is closed.
At the moment, this feature is applicable to the following facilities: swimming pool, bar, restaurant, sauna, spa, hot tub/jacuzzi and fitness room.
To add temporary closure dates to a facility, follow these steps:
- Log in to your extranet and under the ‘Property’ tab, select ‘Facilities & services’.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page. Under ‘Temporary closure of facilities’, select the facility and enter the dates when it will be closed. Click on ‘Add’ and on 'Save’ to confirm your changes.
- If you need to delete the information about closure, just click on the trash icon on the right-hand side.
Your property page content
- How can I create the perfect property page?
- How to change or update your property address
- Adding, changing and updating my contact details
- Changing your property description
- How can I update my property's facilities?
- How can I add information to ‘The fine print'?
- How can I change information about my internet connection?
- How to rename your property listing title
- How can I change my position on the map?
- How to let your guests know when a facility is temporarily closed?
- All you need to know about quality ratings
- How do I get my property’s map coordinates from Google Maps?
- How to show guests what I do to protect them in regard to coronavirus?
- Updating your sustainability practices
- Guest Q&A feature
- Displaying cleanliness measures
- What is the Work-Friendly Programme?
- How to update check-in services
- Optimising the traveller search experience to boost visibility
- How to use the room differentiation tool to generate more high-value bookings
- Updating your swimming pool facility details
- Updating your property page
- What photos do I need for my home, apartment or holiday rental?
- What photos do I need to attract more families to my property?
- What photos do I need for my hotel?
- What are guest-generated photos?
- How do I add, change and update my photos?
- How do I rotate photos?
- Why are some photos not showing on my page?
- How to take better photos of your property
- How can I add photos of specific rooms or units?
- How can I tag my photos?
- Understanding the smart ordering feature
- How can I change my main photo?
- How can I change the order of my photos?
- How can I delete a photo?