How to rename your property listing title
We have policies and guidelines in place to make sure your property name meets our General Delivery Terms. This is so you can set the right expectations for your guests and provide accurate information about your property. By following these guidelines, you’ll be making sure your property appears in the best possible light on our platform and avoid having your property name rejected.
If you want to change your property name, follow these steps:
- Log in to the extranet and click on the ‘Property’ tab.
- Click on ‘General Info’.
- Click ‘Change property name’.
- Select ‘No, the property ownership will stay the same’.
- Type in a new property name and click on ‘Next’ to review the change.
- Select ‘Change property name’ to finalise the change.
If you’re making changes to your property name, keep the following best practices in mind:
- Use a specific, unique name that won't confuse the guest.
- Guests tend to type in as little as possible to find the property they want to find.
- Think about people searching for the name on Google. What would you type to find this property?
- Avoid using punctuation marks like quotation marks (“”), asterisks (*) and ‘at’ signs (@).
- Except for acronyms, don’t capitalise entire words (write Apartment VL Amsterdam instead of Apartment VL AMSTERDAM).
Change of ownership
If your property is undergoing a change of ownership (i.e. the name on the commission invoice is changing) it’s important that you follow the correct process and that all property information is updated on our side as well as yours. You can find out more about change of ownership here.
Policy and guidelines for renaming your property
If your property name change is rejected, you’ll receive an email from us letting you know that the name has been changed back to its previous name and why the new name was rejected.
The following are reasons for the rejection of a property name change, to help you avoid this process. In line with sections 7.4 (ii) and 7.4 (ix) of our General Terms and Conditions, a property name will be rejected if it:
- Is disparaging about Booking.com
- Refers to a competitor of Booking.com
- Is discriminatory towards and/or not appropriate for a global audience
- Does not respect the privacy of others
- Is misleading and/or not factually correct
By following these guidelines, along with our tips and best practices, you can have peace of mind that your new property name will be published immediately and be a clear representation of what your property offers.
Your property page content
- How can I create the perfect property page?
- How to change or update your property address
- How can I change my contact details?
- Changing your property description
- How can I update my property's facilities?
- How can I add information to ‘The fine print'?
- How can I change information about my internet connection?
- How to rename your property listing title
- How can I change my position on the map?
- How to let your guests know when a facility is temporarily closed?
- All you need to know about the Quality Rating for home and apartment-like properties
- How do I get my property’s map coordinates from Google Maps?
- How to show guests what I do to protect them in regard to coronavirus?
- Updating your sustainability practices
- Guest Q&A feature
- Displaying cleanliness measures
- What is the Work-Friendly Programme?
- How to update check-in services
- Optimising the traveller search experience to boost visibility
- How to use the room differentiation tool to generate more high-value bookings
- Updating your swimming pool facility details
- What photos do I need for my home, apartment or holiday rental?
- What photos do I need to attract more families to my property?
- What photos do I need for my hotel?
- What are guest-generated photos?
- How do I add, change and update my photos?
- How do I rotate photos?
- Why are some photos not showing on my page?
- How to take better photos of your property
- How can I add photos of specific rooms or units?
- How can I tag my photos?
- Why is the order of photos different on my property page and the extranet?
- How can I change my main photo?
- How can I change the order of my photos?
- How can I delete a photo?