Letting guests know when a facility is temporarily closed
Sometimes, one or more of your facilities may be undergoing renovations or are closed during a certain time of the year. It’s important to let guests know if a facility isn’t available in order to manage their expectations.
Guests may book your property specifically because you have a facility they’re searching for, such as a swimming pool or fitness centre. Arriving and finding out that they don’t have access to it may cause them to be disappointed and negatively impact your guest review score.
You can add the dates when a facility is temporarily closed via the extranet. We’ll display this information on your property page next to that particular facility. This information will only be visible to guests who enter dates that overlap with the dates on which the facility is closed.
Follow these steps to add temporary closure dates to a facility:
- Log in to the extranet
- Under the Property tab, click Facilities & services
- Under Temporary closure of facilities, select the facility from the drop-down menu and enter the dates when it’s closed
- Click Add, then Save to confirm your changes
Currently, this feature is only available for the following facilities:
- Swimming pool
- Hot tub/Jacuzzi
- Fitness centre
To delete information about a facility’s closure, click on the trash icon on the right-hand side of the page.
Your property page content
- Changing your property address and map coordinates
- Adding and updating my contact details
- Changing your property description or room details
- Updating your property’s facilities
- What is ‘The fine print' and how to add information to it
- Renaming your property listing title
- Letting guests know when a facility is temporarily closed
- Everything about quality ratings: FAQs
- Updating your sustainability practices
- Guest Q&A feature
- Displaying cleanliness measures
- What is the Work-Friendly Programme?
- How to update check-in services
- Optimising the traveller search experience to boost visibility
- Using the Room or Unit differentiation tool for more high-value bookings
- Updating your property page and host profile
- Travel Sustainable: FAQs
- Room or Unit differentiation tool for accommodation partners: FAQs