Optimising the traveller search experience to boost visibility
Reading time: 1.5 minutes
Highlight: Booking.com will now offer you more ways to be found by guests through an optimised search experience meant to capture, convince, and convert demand.
Why is this important?
Our optimised search features are meant to support our shared goal of rebuilding together with our partners by offering guests new opportunities to discover or rediscover destinations based on currently popular themes, such as nature, countryside, beach/seaside, and more.
How does this work?
We have launched an optimised search experience geared towards capturing, convincing, and converting demand from guests.
Guests will now be able to:
- Specify the region or city that they want to visit.
- Browse based on themes (rural, nature, beach, mountain, and more)
- Use the new ‘Near me’ search functionality to find properties in nearby destinations
These new features – particularly the ‘Near me’ functionality – will give properties more visibility and raise their chances of attracting people looking to travel shorter distances. This can be especially beneficial for properties in destinations that are less frequented by tourists
Note: This optimised search experience is based on Booking.com algorithms that work and rely on property labelling. This is achieved by gathering guest endorsements and available property data. All Booking.com partners with a minimum of 20 guest reviews are automatically eligible and enrolled.
Your property page content
- How can I create the perfect property page?
- How to change or update your property address
- How can I change my contact details?
- Changing your property description
- How can I update my property's facilities?
- How can I add information to ‘The fine print'?
- How can I change information about my internet connection?
- How to rename your property listing title
- How can I change my position on the map?
- How to let your guests know when a facility is temporarily closed?
- All you need to know about the Quality Rating for home and apartment-like properties
- How do I get my property’s map coordinates from Google Maps?
- How to show guests what I do to protect them in regard to coronavirus?
- Updating your sustainability practices
- Guest Q&A feature
- Displaying cleanliness measures
- What is the Work-Friendly Programme?
- How to update check-in services
- Optimising the traveller search experience to boost visibility
- How to use the room differentiation tool to generate more high-value bookings
- Updating your swimming pool facility details
- What photos do I need for my home, apartment or holiday rental?
- What photos do I need to attract more families to my property?
- What photos do I need for my hotel?
- What are guest-generated photos?
- How do I add, change and update my photos?
- How do I rotate photos?
- Why are some photos not showing on my page?
- How to take better photos of your property
- How can I add photos of specific rooms or units?
- How can I tag my photos?
- Why is the order of photos different on my property page and the extranet?
- How can I change my main photo?
- How can I change the order of my photos?
- How can I delete a photo?