Renaming your property listing title
We have policies and guidelines in place to make sure your property name meets our General Delivery Terms. This is so you can set the right expectations for your guests and provide accurate information about your property. By following these guidelines, you’ll be making sure your property appears in the best possible light on our platform and avoid having your property name rejected.
What’s in this article:
Changing your property name
To change your property name, follow these steps:
- Log in to the extranet and click on the ‘Property’ tab.
- Click on ‘General Info’.
- Click ‘Change property name’.
- Select ‘No, the property ownership will stay the same’.
- Type in a new property name and click on ‘Next’ to review the change.
- Select ‘Change property name’ to finalise the change.
If you’re making changes to your property name, keep the following best practices in mind:
- Use a specific, unique name that won't confuse the guest.
- Guests tend to type in as little as possible to find the property they want to find.
- Think about people searching for the name on Google. What would you type to find this property?
- Avoid using punctuation marks like quotation marks (“”), asterisks (*) and ‘at’ signs (@).
- Except for acronyms, don’t capitalise entire words (write Apartment VL Amsterdam instead of Apartment VL AMSTERDAM).
Changing the property ownership
If your property is undergoing a change of ownership (i.e. the name on the commission invoice is changing) it’s important that you follow the correct process and that all property information is updated on our side as well as yours. You can find out more about change of ownership here.
Guidelines for renaming your property
If your property name change is rejected, you’ll receive an email from us letting you know that the name has been changed back to its previous name and the reason why it was rejected.
To make sure that your new property name respects our content guidelines and gets approved quickly, please read the Content guidelines.
Your property page content
- Changing your property address and map coordinates
- Adding and updating my contact details
- Changing your property description or room details
- Updating your property’s facilities
- What is ‘The fine print' and how to add information to it
- Renaming your property listing title
- Letting guests know when a facility is temporarily closed
- Everything about quality ratings: FAQs
- Updating your sustainability practices
- Guest Q&A feature
- Displaying cleanliness measures
- What is the Work-Friendly Programme?
- How to update check-in services
- Optimising the traveller search experience to boost visibility
- Using the Room or Unit differentiation tool for more high-value bookings
- Updating your property page and host profile
- Travel Sustainable: FAQs
- Room or Unit differentiation tool for accommodation partners: FAQs