Updating your property page
Once you’ve registered your property on our platform, the next step is to update your property page. You can add a variety of content to give your listing more detail and make it more attractive to potential guests.
What’s in this article
Adding room information
Before you can start receiving bookings, you’ll need to add your rooms and units to your profile, as well as their availability. Read this article to find out how you can add, open, close and delete rooms and units.
You can also customise the names of your rooms or units, change the room or unit type, as well as adjust the maximum occupancy for individual rooms or units. Finally, it’s a good idea to add room facilities. This gives potential guests a clearer idea of what they can expect at your property.
Adding property facilities
You can list the facilities available at your property to give guests a better idea of what they can expect. On the Facilities and Services page in the extranet, you can find the Top Facilities – those that guests look for most. If you don’t see a specific facility on the extranet, we suggest either selecting a closely related one or simply adding the information to About the property. You’ll find this in the extranet by clicking Property and then Your profile. Read this article for more information on customising your property page. For more information on updating your facilities, read this article.
Your property description
We use your facilities, location details and other items from your property information to auto-generate a property description containing the most relevant information for potential guests. This description appears under your photos on your property page.
We’re always working to optimise your property descriptions. Auto-generated content is highly effective at attracting potential guests because it’s:
- Always up to date – auto-generating the property description means it’s always current and most relevant to what potential guests are searching for.
- Attention-grabbing – our data shows that guests don’t read the whole description. That’s why we succinctly state the facilities, landmarks and neighbourhood information that travellers are most interested in.
- Available in all supported languages – we market your property all around the world in up to 43 different languages. Being able to quickly and easily translate your description helps us guarantee guests are seeing the most accurate information.
We don’t change these auto-generated descriptions unless there’s a factual discrepancy. If there’s something incorrect related to the property type, facilities or location information you’ve provided, you can follow these instructions to change your property description.
There’s also a fine print section on your property page, where you can pick from several standard phrases and add additional information to your profile. Read this article to find out how to do this.
Our data shows that guests typically give only 10 seconds’ consideration before leaving a page they aren’t interested in. Photos are the most engaging form of content – and the best way to boost bookings and show how unique your property is.
You’ll need to upload at least one photo of your property to sign up to our platform, but we recommend adding as many photos as possible. You can always add, change or delete the pictures later. Read this article for more information on which photos you need for a home, apartment or vacation rental. To find out what photos attract families, read this article.
The Property Page Score serves as a content checklist to help you boost the attractiveness of your property page. It includes photos, as well as many other types of useful content to consider. Read this article to learn more about how the Property Page Score can help you attract guests.
Below are some additional articles to help you manage your photos:
- Tagging photos
- Changing the main photo
- Changing the order of photos
- Guest-generated photos
- Rotating photos
- Why some photos aren’t showing up
Personalising your profile
There are three sections on the property page where you can add personalised information – these are the things that make you, your property and your neighbourhood unique. Read this article to learn how to customise and personalise your profile.
Please note that if any personal information is included in these sections the entire section won’t be displayed. This includes all personal identifiable information, like your phone number, date of birth or email address. If you’ve already filled out one of these sections but it isn’t showing on your property page, please check the content and remove any personal information.
Your property page content
- How can I create the perfect property page?
- How to change or update your property address
- How can I change my contact details?
- Changing your property description
- How can I update my property's facilities?
- How can I add information to ‘The fine print'?
- How can I change information about my internet connection?
- How to rename your property listing title
- How can I change my position on the map?
- How to let your guests know when a facility is temporarily closed?
- All you need to know about quality ratings
- How do I get my property’s map coordinates from Google Maps?
- How to show guests what I do to protect them in regard to coronavirus?
- Updating your sustainability practices
- Guest Q&A feature
- Displaying cleanliness measures
- What is the Work-Friendly Programme?
- How to update check-in services
- Optimising the traveller search experience to boost visibility
- How to use the room differentiation tool to generate more high-value bookings
- Updating your swimming pool facility details
- Updating your property page
- What photos do I need for my home, apartment or holiday rental?
- What photos do I need to attract more families to my property?
- What photos do I need for my hotel?
- What are guest-generated photos?
- How do I add, change and update my photos?
- How do I rotate photos?
- Why are some photos not showing on my page?
- How to take better photos of your property
- How can I add photos of specific rooms or units?
- How can I tag my photos?
- Understanding the smart ordering feature
- How can I change my main photo?
- How can I change the order of my photos?
- How can I delete a photo?