Using the Room or Unit differentiation tool for more high-value bookings
The Room differentiation tool or Unit differentiation tool helps you secure bookings by allowing you to highlight the unique features of each of your rooms or units. This helps match travellers with the stay that’s best suited to their preferences. If you operate a hotel or a chain of hotels, you’ll see this as the Room differentiation tool in the extranet. If you run a non-hotel property, such as a Home property, you’ll see this as the Unit differentiation tool.
What’s in this article:
How the Room/Unit differentiation tool works
The Room/Unit differentiation tool lets you display the specific features, amenities and facilities that each of your rooms or units have. This allows potential guests to see the variations between each of your rooms or units, prompting them to book the one that fits their preferences and budgets.
The tool works by estimating the completeness of your room or unit information and recommending quick actions you can take to highlight the most attractive features, amenities and facilities.
It recommends actions based on:
- Your guest reviews
- Your room or unit descriptions
- Amenities in your other rooms or units
- The most popular features, amenities and facilities on our platform according to our research and data
The tool divides its recommendations into six categories:
- Room or unit amenity information that you’re missing
- The most popular amenities on our platform
- Amenities you offer that you’re not showcasing
- Suggestions for improving your photos
- Information about room or unit size that you’re not displaying
- Information about exclusive services that’s missing
You can choose which recommendations you’d like to act on by selecting a category to add or update with the necessary information. Once you’ve saved your changes, we’ll update the information in the extranet and on your property page.
Benefits of the tool
We’ve noticed that travellers are willing to book a more expensive stay if it’s clear what they’re getting for the price. Specifying the features, amenities and facilities present in each of your rooms or units can be a deciding factor for potential bookers.
When using the tool to highlight a feature of your room or unit, your property may be more visible in our search results to travellers who’ve specified this feature as their preferences. Our research shows this may encourage guests to pay to upgrade to a more expensive option between the booking and the check-in phase. On top of that, providing this extra clarity can help you save time by reducing the number of messages you need to respond to when asked for this information.
How to use the Room/Unit differentiation tool
You can access the tool via the Opportunities tab:
- Log in to the extranet
- Click on Opportunities, then click on Room/Unit differentiation tool
- Follow the steps to generate and implement the tool’s recommendations
For more information on the Room/Unit differentiation tool, take a look at this FAQ. If you’d like to learn about ways to offer guests opportunities to make a paid upgrade, take a look at this article on upselling your rooms.
Your property page content
- How can I create the perfect property page?
- How to change or update your property address
- Adding and updating my contact details
- Changing your property description or room details
- Updating your property’s facilities
- What is ‘The fine print' and how to add information to it
- How can I change information about my internet connection?
- Renaming your property listing title
- How can I change my position on the map?
- Letting guests know when a facility is temporarily closed
- Everything about quality ratings: FAQs
- How do I get my property’s map coordinates from Google Maps?
- Informing guests about protective measures against coronavirus
- Updating your sustainability practices
- Guest Q&A feature
- Displaying cleanliness measures
- What is the Work-Friendly Programme?
- How to update check-in services
- Optimising the traveller search experience to boost visibility
- Using the Room or Unit differentiation tool for more high-value bookings
- Updating your swimming pool facility details
- Updating your property page
- Travel Sustainable: FAQs
- Room or Unit differentiation tool for accommodation partners: FAQs
- Changing your property description or room details-1
- What photos do I need for my home, apartment or holiday rental?
- What photos do I need to attract more families to my property?
- What photos do I need for my hotel?
- What are guest-generated photos?
- Uploading, deleting, reordering and editing photos
- How do I rotate photos?
- Why are some photos not showing on my page?
- Adding photos of your property
- How can I add photos of specific rooms or units?
- How can I tag my photos?
- Understanding the smart ordering feature
- How can I change my main photo?
- How can I change the order of my photos?
- How can I delete a photo?