What is the Work-Friendly Programme?
Reading time: 3 minutes
Highlights: we will now offer our home-type accommodation partners a simple and intuitive way to capture demand from business travellers.
What is this about?
With the world gradually adapting to digital communication and collaboration technologies, we have launched a new programme called the Booking.com Work-Friendly Programme.
It is designed to help home-type properties (see below eligibility criteria) increase their revenue - without offering any additional discounts and promotions - by attracting business travellers, or travellers that might want to work remotely while staying at properties registered on Booking.com.
Note: Enrolment is automatic and effortless for partners, and eligibility is room or unit based. Properties with multiple rooms or units can choose which to prepare in order to make them eligible for the programme.
What are the eligibility criteria?
In order to have rooms or units automatically enrolled in the Work-Friendly Programme, these must have a set of facilities and services available and added in the extranet. These include:
Property level criteria:
- Must be a home-type accommodation (apartments, aparthotels, B&Bs, guesthouses, holiday homes, etc.)
- Must be able to issue invoices to guests on request.
- Must be able to process credit card payments, or is part of Payments by Booking.
- Must have a minimum of 3 existing guest reviews with a Review score of 8 or more.
- Must have a cleanliness score of 8 or more.
- Must offer free and reliable WiFi.
- Must have a dedicated desk or table that can be used for work.
- Must have at least 1 flexible rate plan activated.
- Must have a private bathroom.
- Must have all of the following readily available: fire extinguishers, smoke alarms, and carbon monoxide alarms.
- Must offer all the following hospitality essentials: towels, pillows, bedsheets, toilet paper, soap, toiletries (such as shampoo and shower gel).
Are you ready to be part of the Work-Friendly Programme?
How does the programme work?
For partners with units or rooms that meet the above eligibility criteria, we will give additional visibility on the Booking.com website and app geared towards guests travelling for business, or looking to work remotely.
These travellers will be able to easily see the Work-Friendly Programme badge of properties’ rooms or units that are part of the programme. At the same time, we will continue working on additional ways to increase visibility.
What value can this programme bring?
The Booking.com Work-Friendly Programme is built to bring three main advantages to our partners:
- Increasing visibility
- Maximising occupancy
- Benefiting from new audiences
To understand how this is achieved, we encourage you to read this page.
Your property page content
- How can I create the perfect property page?
- How to change or update your property address
- How can I change my contact details?
- Changing your property description
- How can I update my property's facilities?
- How can I add information to ‘The fine print'?
- How can I change information about my internet connection?
- How to rename your property listing title
- How can I change my position on the map?
- How to let your guests know when a facility is temporarily closed?
- All you need to know about quality ratings
- How do I get my property’s map coordinates from Google Maps?
- How to show guests what I do to protect them in regard to coronavirus?
- Updating your sustainability practices
- Guest Q&A feature
- Displaying cleanliness measures
- What is the Work-Friendly Programme?
- How to update check-in services
- Optimising the traveller search experience to boost visibility
- How to use the room differentiation tool to generate more high-value bookings
- Updating your swimming pool facility details
- Updating your property page
- What photos do I need for my home, apartment or holiday rental?
- What photos do I need to attract more families to my property?
- What photos do I need for my hotel?
- What are guest-generated photos?
- How do I add, change and update my photos?
- How do I rotate photos?
- Why are some photos not showing on my page?
- How to take better photos of your property
- How can I add photos of specific rooms or units?
- How can I tag my photos?
- Understanding the smart ordering feature
- How can I change my main photo?
- How can I change the order of my photos?
- How can I delete a photo?