The descriptions on your Booking.com property page are automatically generated based on the information you’ve provided in the extranet, such as your facilities, room details and location.
So if you’d like the facilities in your description to be updated, the easiest way to make those changes is by updating the facilities information in your ‘Facilities & services’ tab.
If the facilities you’d like to update are specific to your rooms, go to ‘Room amenities’ under the ‘Property’ tab in your the extranet. For each room amenity, you can tick or untick the facility you’d like to add or remove.
If you notice incorrect distances to local landmarks in your description, we recommend that you first check that your property has been correctly located in our system. You can do this by checking your property page on Booking.com. This will help us to identify the source of the error.
If your property has been wrongly located, let us know and our content team will look into it.
If you notice something factually incorrect in your current description that isn’t related to your facilities, let us know by following these steps:
- Log in to the extranet and click on the 'Property' tab.
- Click on 'View your descriptions’.
- Click on ‘Request a correction’ below ‘Property description’ or below the room description(s) you want to change. Add your requested changes to the text box. It’s best to be as clear and specific as possible, using bullet points as a quick way to include information.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click 'Submit request' when you’re done.
NOTE: On average, Booking.com customers spend less than 2 minutes on a property page and only read 18% of a property description. So if there’s extra information you’d like to share with your guests about their stay, we recommend that you use automatic message templates instead.
To help your page stand out from the crowd and attract more guests, we’ve developed the Property Page Score. Properties with a 100% score can get up to 18% more bookings as the result of having a complete, attractive profile. For more information on guests’ booking behaviour and how it relates to your property page, watch this video.
Remember, all description-related requests are evaluated by our Content Team. They make decisions on potential changes based on best practices and company guidelines. Here are some possible reasons your description-related request could be rejected:
- Our descriptions are written according to global guidelines that are based on what we’ve learnt from customer behaviour on our website.
- We don’t copy and paste texts as this would negatively impact SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) and may not comply with our global standards.
- We keep texts short and simple, and make sure to include details that customers are most interested in.