To get guests to book your property, you first need to grab their attention with an attractive property page. Your photos play a key role in this process. In this guide, we’ll explain how to take stunning pictures that’ll make your property irresistible to families.
This article illustrates what type of content we’d love to receive from you.
For more tips, check out our step-by-step visual guide.
Your photography should -
- Use a digital camera (the latest smartphones also have good cameras).
- Shoot landscape (horizontal) images only – these look best on Booking.com.
- Photos must have a high resolution (at least 2048 x 1080 pixels).
- Take pictures from a height of 100-160cm (3-5ft).
- When photographing guests, please avoid showing their faces.
- Make sure your subject (person, amenity) is in the centre of the image, whenever possible.
- Photos on Booking.com can be cropped in various ways, so it’s always safest to keep your subject at the centre.
- Try not to get too close to the subject. Allow enough distance for the subject to fit in the middle.
- Remember that the image you see in your extranet gallery is a pre-cropped photo.
Please avoid road signs, parked cars (where possible), and no recognisable people passing by.
If you offer any of the following amenities, try to take photos of as many of them as possible:
- Kids club facilities
- Outdoor play area
- Waterslides / waterpark
- Children’s swimming pool
- High chairs
- Kitchen / Kitchenette
- Excursions (e.g. pamphlets in lobby)
- Sports facilities
- Safety features like pool fences / stair gates
- Any other facilities for families
Once you've taken photos of everything you need, find out how to add them to your property page.