Syncing your Booking.com calendar to third-party calendars
To help you stay on top of all your reservations and overbooking bookings, you can sync your Booking.com calendar with other third-party calendars. You should import bookings and reservations from other platforms and export your Booking.com reservations and closed dates to those platforms. We recommend doing both to avoid having to manually block off dates in all of your calendars.
If you're new to Booking.com, we recommend doing this before your property opens for bookings on our platform. Keep in mind that calendars aren’t synced in real time, so individual bookings and reservations made on other platforms won’t sync immediately with your Booking.com calendar, and vice versa.
What’s in this article
Calendar syncing is not available for all property types. To import or export calendars, your property needs to have 20 room types or less, and a maximum of one unit per room type. Your property also can’t use XML connectivity services like property management systems or channel managers.
To see if it’s available to you, log in to the extranet and click Rates & Availability. If your property is eligible for this feature, you’ll see Sync calendars in the drop-down menu.
Synchronising your calendars across channels
Importing third-party calendars is useful if you work with other online channels and want to both import and sync another calendar with your Booking.com calendar. To make sure your availability is consistent across channels, it’s recommended to export your Booking.com calendar to your third-party calendars as well. Be sure to have your third-party calendar open while you do this.
Here’s how to synchronise your calendars across channels:
- Log in to the extranet.
- Depending on your extranet, either click on Rates & Availability and then on Calendar, or click on Calendar & Pricing.
- Click Sync calendars.
- Click Add calendar connection, then add the link to the third-party calendar you want to import reservations from. Give the calendar connection a name – if you’re connecting to Airbnb you might call it ‘Airbnb’ – and then click Next step. You can also click Skip this step if you want to go straight to exporting your calendar. You can come back and import the third-party calendar later by clicking Complete setup on the Sync calendars page.
- To export your Booking.com calendar, copy your Booking.com calendar link by clicking on Copy link, and then paste it into the relevant field on your third-party calendar – for example on Airbnb’s calendar syncing page. Under Export options, select whether you want to export only your Booked dates only or both Booked and closed dates. You can also choose to Skip export – you can choose to export your Booking.com calendar any time by clicking Complete setup on the Sync calendars page.
- Once you’ve done this, you can go back to the extranet and click Done.
You’ll see the status as Activating while the connection is being set up. Once your calendars are synchronised, the status will change to OK. You’ll be able to see an overview of your calendar connections whenever you return to the Sync calendars page.
We automatically import any connected calendars, but you can manually sync your imported calendars by clicking Import now. To remove the imported calendar and stop syncing, click Remove.
Your Rates & Availability
- Setting up dormitory rooms
- How can I set or update room rates for different occupancies?
- Changing a room or unit name
- Making changes to rooms or units
- Setting up derived pricing
- How can I set up rate level occupancy?
- How can I add a rate to one or more room types?
- Changing the maximum guest occupancy for individual rooms or units
- Setting up and updating pricing per guest
- Setting up or changing room rates
- Upselling your rooms
- Setting up deals and discounts
- Adding and editing meal plan information
- Setting up a Non-Refundable Rate
- Setting up a new rate plan
- Setting up standard children rates
- Setting up Mobile Rates
- Creating meals packages for ryokans
- Adding or updating an existing policy to Flexible - 1 Day
- Activating the Limited-time Deal
- Setting up Early Booker and Last-Minute Deals
- Setting up Weekly Rate Plans
- Setting up Country Rates
- Using the Genius free breakfast promotion
- Setting up a Basic Deal
- Changing dates for non-refundable bookings
- Setting up Flash Deals
- Setting up flexible children rates
- Setting up US State Rates
- Understanding the Getaway Deal for partners
- Setting up Monthly Rate Plans
- Understanding Long Stay policies
- Setting up an Early Booker Rate Plan
- Flexible children rates – per-child pricing explained
- Using your availability, rate plans and policies to increase bookings
- Everything you need to know about the New Property Deal
- Setting up value adds
- Understanding Booking Sponsored Benefit
- Late Escape Deal
- Super Saver Deal: FAQ