How can I set up individual beds in a dormitory room?
Note: This article explains how to set up individually bookable beds in a dormitory room. If you want to know how to set up a dormitory room that a guest can book privately, in its entirety, read this article.
To set up individual beds in a dormitory room:
- Click on the ‘Property' tab in the extranet and select ‘Room Details’.
- Click on ‘Create a new room’.
- Under ‘Room type’, select ‘Bed in Dormitory’. A grey banner will appear, stating: ‘Bed in Dormitory: Guests can book individual beds within a shared room’.
- Under ‘Bed name’, select the type of dormitory the bed is found in.
- Under ‘Number of beds (of this type)’, make sure the number of beds selected matches the number of beds available in the room (to avoid overbookings).
- Under ‘Bed options’, select the maximum number of guests that can sleep in the bed.
- Under ‘What kind of bed is it?’, select the appropriate bed type.*
- Click on ‘Continue’ to finalise and create the individually bookable beds in the dormitory.
Once the bed-in-a-dormitory-room type is created, it can take a few hours (max. 48 hours) for the room to show on Booking.com.
* We consider a standard bunk bed to be suitable for sleeping 1 guest. If you have wider bunk beds that sleep 2 guests, select ‘double bed’ from the drop-down menu. ‘Double bunk bed’ is not an option in the extranet.
Your Rates & Availability