How can I set up a non-refundable rate?
With a non-refundable rate, guests pay the full price if they cancel, make changes or don’t show up.
Adding a non-refundable rate to your property can reduce cancellations and help you secure guaranteed payment for reservations.
Depending on whether you’ve previously set up a non-refundable rate for your property, there are different ways to add a non-refundable rate.
Scenario 1: It’s your first time setting up a fully non-refundable rate for your property
- Click on ‘Add non-refundable rate’ under the ‘Rates & Availability’ tab in your extranet.
- A short list of questions will appear to guide you through the set-up. Select the answers that best match your property’s needs.
- Click ‘Review’ to double-check your selections.
- Click ‘Activate rate plan’ to finalise the non-refundable rate. Depending on your previous selections, this may be the final step. Additional messages may appear to guide you through any extra steps.
Scenario 2: You’ve previously set up a non-refundable rate for your property
First, make sure you’ve created a non-refundable cancellation policy:
- Click on the ‘Property’ tab in your extranet and select ‘Policies’.
- Under ‘Cancellation and prepayment policies’, click on ‘Create a new cancellation policy’ and add a ‘Non-refundable’ policy.
Then, add a new rate plan in the ‘Rates & Availability’ tab:
- Select ‘Rate plans’, then click ‘Add new Rate plan’ and fill out all the necessary details.
- Click ‘Review rate plan’ to check the details, then click ‘Save rate plan’.
The new non-refundable rate will now appear in your ‘Calendar’ in the ‘Rates & Availability’ tab. If you use a Channel Manager, your provider may require you to take additional steps to map your new rate plan.
Your Rates & Availability