We’ve made it very easy for you to open or close a room/unit. You’ll see different options below. Check which of the screenshots matches what you see in the extranet, then follow the appropriate steps.
If using the List view calendar, follow these steps:
- Log in to the extranet and click on ‘Calendar’ under your ‘Rates & Availability’ tab.
- To open or close individual dates, click on the required date which is highlighted green if it’s open/bookable or red if it’s closed/not bookable.
- If you click on a red (not bookable) date, the colour changes to green, meaning it’s now open/bookable for that specific date. If you click on a green (open/bookable) date, the colour changes to red, meaning it’s now closed for that specific date.
- Changes are saved automatically as soon as the colour of the field changes.
To make changes for longer periods:
- Click on the ‘Bulk edit’ button.
- A panel will appear on the right side of your screen. Select the dates you want to open or close, then click on the ‘Room status‘ box.
- Select ‘Open room’ or ‘Close room’ and click on ‘Save changes’ when you’re done.
- You can also make bulk changes to your availability, restrictions and prices.
Good to know: There can be different reasons for why your room is not bookable on Booking.com on a specific date, such as:
- You’ve manually closed your room: you’ll see a red ‘Closed’ label
- You’ve entered the value ‘0’ for the number of rooms to sell: you’ll see a red ‘No inventory’ label
- You’ve sold the rooms you’ve loaded in the calendar: you’ll see a red ‘Sold out’ label
- You haven’t loaded any prices: you’ll see a red ‘Price missing’ label
- All your rate plans are closed/inactive: you’ll see a red ‘Rate closed’ label
- You have a combination of all the above issues: you’ll see a red ‘Multiple blockers’ label
If using the Monthly view calendar, follow these steps:
- Log in to the extranet and select the ‘Calendar & Pricing’ or ‘Rates & Availability’ tab.
- To the top-left side, click on the room or unit you’d like to update.
- To the right-hand side, choose the desired dates from ‘Start date’ to ‘End date’, or by selecting the period directly in the calendar.
- Under ‘Open or close for bookings’, click on either ‘Open’ or ‘Closed’, then ‘Save’ when you’re done.
- If you choose ‘Open’, the field turns green and the room is bookable for that period.
- If you choose ‘Close’, the field turns red and the room is no longer bookable.