How do I set up rates for children?
The ‘Children policies and rates’ section of your extranet’s ‘Policies’ page allows you to set up a ‘child rate’ by defining the price for children by age.
You can set up to 3 pricing rules for children based on their age. According to those rules, an extra fee is added on top of any rate you have set up. For example, imagine you set up a price rule that applies a EUR 25 extra fee per night for a child in your family room. Any guests who search with more than one child will see a rate that includes the EUR 25 fee based on the available room.
To update or make changes to policies related to children staying at your property:
- Go to the ‘Property’ tab and click on ‘Policies’.
- In the ‘Children & extra beds’ section*, click on ‘Edit’ under ‘Children policies and rates’ in order to adjust the following:
- the number of children that can stay in existing beds (i.e. beds already present in your rooms, not extra beds or cots)
- any child rate you charge based on different age ranges, or if children can stay for free
- Review your policies in the preview section, you will also be able to see the occupancy you have set
- Select ‘Save’ when you’re done.
Please note in order to set up a rate for children, you have to configure a room for children. More details on how to do this here.
* You may also see a banner titled ‘Set your property’s occupancy and child rates’, which will take you to a page where you can set up policies, rooms and pricing for families all in one place. This can be quicker than doing this all individually.
The Black Friday Deal is live
Activate this deal to boost your bookings for the end of this year – and for all of 2021.
Your Rates & Availability