How do I set up a room for children?
To set up a room for families with children, you must add child occupancy per room within the ‘Bed options and occupancy’ section under ‘Room details’, on the ‘Property’ tab.
On this page, you will also be able to review the adult and max occupancy for each room. This gives you the flexibility to define the combination of adults and children you allow to stay per room and sell to both groups and families. For example, imagine your Double Room is set up to have a maximum of 2 adults, and 2 children, and a max occupancy of 2 guests. This means that this room allows 2 adults, or 1 adult and 1 child, but not 2 adults and 2 children.
To update or make changes to rooms related to children staying at your property:
- Go to the ‘Property’ tab and click on ‘Room details’.
- Click on ‘Edit’ on the room you would like to configure
- In the ‘Occupancy’ section you can configure the total number of guests, adults & children
- Select ‘Continue’ to review your changes, then click on ‘Save’ when you’re done.
Guests will see this occupancy information per room on your property page.
In order to set up child occupancy, you must also set up child rates. Otherwise, children who stay at your property will be charged as adults. More information on how to set up rates for children via this article.
Please note that the occupancy for adults and children is for existing beds only - occupancy from guests staying in cots or extra beds should not be included. Please refer to this article for more information on how to set up occupancy for extra beds and cribs.
* You may also see a banner titled ‘Set your property’s occupancy and child rates’, which will take you to a page where you can set up policies, rooms and pricing for families all in one place. This can be quicker than doing this all individually.
The Black Friday Deal is live
Activate this deal to boost your bookings for the end of this year – and for all of 2021.
Your Rates & Availability