How to set up flexible children rates for your property
With flexible children rates, you can set up rates per room or unit and Rate Plan, per-child rates and percentage-based rates. You also have the option of setting up standard children rates if you need one set of rates for your entire property and only free or fixed rates.
You can choose to adopt either flexible children rates or standard children rates, but only one can be active. You can change this choice at any time.
This article will show you how to set up flexible children rates. If you want to set up standard children rates, read this article.
What’s in this article
There are a few tasks you need to complete before you can set up flexible children rates:
- Your property needs to have at least one room or unit type and one Rate Plan set up
- You need to have availability set for the room rate on your Calendar
- You need to indicate that you allow children at your property on the Children policies and occupancy page
Once all of these requirements are met, you can set up flexible children rates. Here’s how:
- Log in to the extranet
- Click on Property and then click on Policies
- In the Children & extra beds section, click on Edit under Children policies and occupancy
- In the Children rates section, under the Flexible option, click on the Set up button
If you already have standard children rates, your existing age groups will be shown in the Children age groups section. If you want to make any changes, you can click the Change age groups button. Otherwise, you’re ready to select a room or unit and rate.
If you don’t have existing children rates, you’ll first need to set up age groups:
- Click the Set up age groups button
- Age groups are set at the property level. You will need to set at least one – but no more than three – age groups for your property before creating a children rate.
- Click the Save changes button to save your settings
Once you’ve set up your age groups, you’ll be able to view them in the children age groups section.
You can set up flexible children rates at the room or unit and rate level by following these steps:
- In the Introducing flexible children rates section, click on the Get started button and you will be taken to the Flexible children rates page
- In the panel on the left-hand side of the page, you will see a list of rooms with occupancy set for at least one child, which makes them eligible for a flexible children rate
- Select a room or unit type, which will display the details of that rate plan
- You will see a summary of the occupancy and the last available room rate for the room type you have selected. Below that, you will see the age groups that you have set up for your property. This is where you will enter the details of how these age groups are priced.
For each age group, you can choose whether all children are priced the same or if some children are priced differently.
If all children in an age group are priced the same, you can choose from these options:
- Free – There is no cost for children per age group
- Fixed – There is a fixed cost for children per age group
- Percentage – The cost for children is based on a percentage of the room rate on a per-child, per-night or per-child, per-stay basis
- Full adult price – Children are charged the same rate as adults aged 18 years and over
If some children in an age group are priced differently, you can set different pricing options for the first child, second child, and every additional child per age group. If you’d like to learn more about how per-child pricing works, take a look at this article on the Partner Hub.
After you’ve finished filling in all of the information for your age groups, you’ll see a preview of your pricing setup at the bottom of the page.
The pricing shown here may not be exact, as it may not cover taxes, fees, promotions or other additional charges, but the provided details can help you better understand how your flexible children rates have been set up.
If you’re happy with how everything looks, click the Save changes button
Once you’ve saved your changes, you’ll see a new Children rate setup section, which displays an overview of the settings per age band.
An Active badge indicates that these children rates are now bookable by guests.
In the room rate panel, you will now see a Setup active badge under rates that you have set up. You can also see which rate plans do not yet have a children rate set up.
Please note that there may be a delay of up to two hours between setting up your children rates and seeing them reflected on your property listing page.
Your Rates & Availability
- Syncing your Booking.com calendar to third-party calendars
- Configuring auto-replenishment on closed rooms and units
- Copying your yearly rates to next year
- How can I update my rates and availability?
- How can I update my availability?
- Updating your rates and availability
- Pausing your listing temporarily
- Supporting refugees from Ukraine
- Setting up dormitory rooms
- Setting up ‘No arrivals’ and ‘No departures’ restrictions
- How can I set or update room rates for different occupancies?
- Changing a room or unit name
- How to add, open, close and delete rooms or units
- Changing a room or unit type
- Setting up derived pricing
- How can I set up rate level occupancy?
- How can I add a rate to one or more room types?
- Changing the maximum guest occupancy for individual rooms or units
- Changing room facilities
- Setting up and updating pricing per guest
- Adding or editing rates for rooms and units
- Upselling your rooms
- Combining discounts from different rate plans and promotions
- Setting up deals and promotions
- Adding and editing meal plan information
- Setting up a Secret Deal
- Setting up a Non-Refundable Rate
- Setting up a new rate plan
- Setting up Mobile Rates
- Creating meals packages for ryokans
- Adding or updating an existing policy to Flexible - 1 Day
- Activating the Limited-time Deal
- Setting up Early Booker and Last-Minute Deals
- Setting up Weekly Rate Plans
- Setting up Country Rates
- Using the Genius free breakfast promotion
- Setting up a Basic Deal
- Changing dates for non-refundable bookings
- Setting up Flash Deals
- How to set up flexible children rates for your property
- Setting up US State Rates
- Understanding the Getaway Deal
- Setting up Monthly Rate Plans
- Understanding Long Stay policies
- Setting up an Early Booker Rate Plan
- Setting up Early 2022 Deals
- Updates to date changes for non-refundable bookings
- Flexible children rates – per-child pricing explained
- Using your availability, rate plans and policies to increase bookings
- Setting up a protected rate
- Late Escape Deal promotion