Setting up a Basic Deal
A Basic Deal is a promotion that offers full flexibility for you to adapt it to your pricing strategy and business needs. That means you can choose the discount amount, the stay dates when the deal applies and the minimum length of stay.
What's in this article?
How Basic Deals work
Basic Deals can help you quickly take advantage of opportunities in your market to capture more traveller demand. You can use a Basic Deal to adjust your prices in response to specific situations or for particular time periods. For example, you could do this when a popular event will be taking place in your area.
You can also use Basic Deals as part of your wider pricing strategy to offer discounts for a particular time period. You can set this based on the demand you're expecting to see. A Basic Deal can also help generate extra bookings during times when you know your occupancy rate is likely to be lower than usual. Once the deal is live, you can manage it at any time if things change.
Displaying Basic Deals on our platform
On our platform, we display your Basic Deal by striking through the original price of a potential guest’s stay and displaying the discounted price next to it. Our research shows that the visual impact of striking through prices like this improves conversion rates and generates more bookings.
Setting up a Basic Deal
You can set up a Basic Deal at any time, and you can do this for multiple deals ahead of time. Each deal will only become visible to potential guests during the time period that you select.
Your Rates & Availability
- Syncing your Booking.com calendar to third-party calendars
- Configuring auto-replenishment on closed rooms and units
- Copying your yearly rates to next year
- How can I update my rates and availability?
- How can I update my availability?
- Updating your rates and availability
- Pausing your listing temporarily
- Supporting refugees from Ukraine
- Setting up dormitory rooms
- Setting up ‘No arrivals’ and ‘No departures’ restrictions
- How can I set or update room rates for different occupancies?
- Changing a room or unit name
- How to add, open, close and delete rooms or units
- Changing a room or unit type
- Setting up derived pricing
- How can I set up rate level occupancy?
- How can I add a rate to one or more room types?
- Changing the maximum guest occupancy for individual rooms or units
- Changing room facilities
- Setting up and updating pricing per guest
- Adding or editing rates for rooms and units
- Upselling your rooms
- Combining discounts from different rate plans and promotions
- Setting up deals and promotions
- Adding and editing meal plan information
- Setting up a Secret Deal
- Setting up a Non-Refundable Rate
- Setting up a new rate plan
- Setting up Mobile Rates
- Creating meals packages for ryokans
- Adding or updating an existing policy to Flexible - 1 Day
- Activating the Limited-time Deal
- Setting up Early Booker and Last-Minute Deals
- Setting up Weekly Rate Plans
- Setting up Country Rates
- Using the Genius free breakfast promotion
- Setting up a Basic Deal
- Changing dates for non-refundable bookings
- Setting up Flash Deals
- How to set up flexible children rates for your property
- Setting up US State Rates
- Understanding the Getaway Deal
- Setting up Monthly Rate Plans
- Understanding Long Stay policies
- Setting up an Early Booker Rate Plan
- Setting up Early 2022 Deals
- Updates to date changes for non-refundable bookings
- Flexible children rates – per-child pricing explained
- Using your availability, rate plans and policies to increase bookings
- Setting up a protected rate
- Late Escape Deal promotion